Davhag's Config - Safe or Sorry

davhag49

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 1, 2013
Tinywall does not bugger you with pop-ups, you should try it. :)
I have Eset Smart Security for now. When it expires I may give it another try being I have SAS Pro Lifetime and Malwarebytes Lifetime, throw in a free antivirus with a decent firewall, I should be safe I think?

Reactions: Kent

davhag49

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 1, 2013
Tuneup and AVG's Tuneup both are useless. I recommend CCleaner.
What do you do or use for delay start ups, internet speed optimizer, registry defrag, and all the other stuff, or is it just pretty much junk in general. I took it off the last time I formatted my harddrive because it seems to drag. I won a giveaway from a site of Advance System Care, but it freaks me out at times.

I

illumination

Config is looking good. Eset is enough, no need to throw it out for CFW or Private firewall.
I would recommend using some sort of back up, as hardware failures and corruption can and do happen, and always best to be "safe then sorry"

I would also recommend removing "Super Antispyware Pro" as it is not needed and really not an effective software.

Personally i do not use nor recommend using "cleaning utilities" other then Ccleaner, as most of the others can be quite destructive.

Reactions: Kent and davhag49

davhag49

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 1, 2013
Aura almost all time sounds rude. He's a cold man. :)
I can be too, I have been trying to be a person who does not get offended unless it comes to my core beliefs, then it can roll off my back at times. Too much hate in the world to get mad over small things.

davhag49

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 1, 2013
Config is looking good. Eset is enough, no need to throw it out for CFW or Private firewall.
I would recommend using some sort of back up, as hardware failures and corruption can and do happen, and always best to be "safe the sorry"

I would also recommend removing "Super Antispyware Pro" as it is not needed and really not an effective software.

Personally i do not use nor recommend using "cleaning utilities" other then Ccleaner, as most of the others can be quite destructive.
Yeas I like Eset for now til my license expires then will shop around. And yes SAS Pro does get on my nerves at times. I think I have a little overkill right now, but before I do a makeover I really do need to do a backup and am just not that smart in figuring out what all I should backup and how is the best way.

I

illumination

Yeas I like Eset for now til my license expires then will shop around. And yes SAS Pro does get on my nerves at times. I think I have a little overkill right now, but before I do a makeover I really do need to do a backup and am just not that smart in figuring out what all I should backup and how is the best way.

If you do not keep many personal files on the system, backing them up on a flash drive is usually the best method.
I would use the windows 7 built in back up and restore to create recovery media, to back up the whole system.

Reactions: davhag49

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I would consider slimming down on what maintenance software you use, at most 1 or 2 products to be used.

ESET Smart Security is a solid product, with PUP detection should prevent unwanted toolbars or adware from being installed.

You could uninstall Zemana Anti-Logger and SAS Pro. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware can be used on-demand, aka free version is sufficient.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I would consider slimming down on what maintenance software you use, at most 1 or 2 products to be used.

ESET Smart Security is a solid product, with PUP detection should prevent unwanted toolbars or adware from being installed.

You could uninstall Zemana Anti-Logger and SAS Pro. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware can be used on-demand, aka free version is sufficient.
Zeaman has become good? :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why should you use Zemana, if the programs on your PC are not tracking or monitoring you?

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014

I have no idea about ESET SS, but I don't use any Anti-Logger, as Kaspersky have an in-built virtual keyboard that takes over the protection whenever I type a password on a website or application. I guess that ESET SS have the same kind of feature.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I have no idea about ESET SS, but I don't use any Anti-Logger, as Kaspersky have an in-built virtual keyboard that takes over the protection whenever I type a password on a website or application. I guess that ESET SS have the same kind of feature.
Nope.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
@Huracan : I don't think that we are talking about the same kind of virtual keyboard.
@NullPointerException : True, except that I was wondering if ESET had some kind of rescue feature that was used if the system ever gets infected with a keylogger.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.