DaZa9's Config

bunyip783

Level 1
Mar 1, 2011
Good to see you keep your browser updated! Good antivirus and firewall as well. Only thing I could suggest if you're looking for an improvement would be an on-demand scanner. I doubt anything will get through Eset but Malwarebytes' is one I personally recommend.

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
For FireFox.
AdBlock Plus-Add EasyPrivacy+EasyList and Malware Domains,remove that EasyList that is already installed.You can find all here Link

You can add HTTPS Everywhere,Self Destructing Cookies,BitDefender Trafficlight.

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Installed two new browser add-ins:
Bitdefender Trafficlight and Panda Security Toolbar.

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Removed: ESET NOD32 7
Update: Avast FREE Antivirus + Malwarebytes Antimalware PRO

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Missed some malware, which malwarebytes detected them and removed them successfully.
I did a quick scan and full scan with ESET and didn't detect these malware. Just did only a quick scan with malwarebytes found some malware and deleted them successfully. also ESET caused some lags for games.
I find that Avast Free + Malwarebytes + Windows Firewall is enough to protect me

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If ESET caused issues for gaming then I agree on removing or re-tweaking ESET.

But removing ESET because it missed malware is one of the worst excuses. Everybody knows no AV can remove all the malware from a malware pack, ITW or random samples.

I would keep Malwarebytes' as an on-demand scanner as it doesn't add much benefit when using a real Antivirus.

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Well, also I inserted an infected USB and scanned it with ESET. it detected the malware but while removing it gives an error saying "Error while deleting". That happened with me while I was using the last version (ESET Smart Security 6). besides this it caused a lag while playing.

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Back to Windows 7 Professional, replaced avast with Comodo Internet security

S

starchild76

Just out of curiosity : why did you remove avast and replaced it for comodo internet security?

I have eset smart security installed currently and It it true , that the suite uses a lot of ram , but strangely enough it does not affect my machine : playing games , surfing , boottime and other activities....I am very , very pleased with the program so far!

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
starchild76 said:
Just out of curiosity : why did you remove avast and replaced it for comodo internet security?

I have eset smart security installed currently and It it true , that the suite uses a lot of ram , but strangely enough it does not affect my machine : playing games , surfing , boottime and other activities....I am very , very pleased with the program so far!

CIS offers much better protection than avast, but then CIS is a suite.

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
ZeroDay said:
starchild76 said:

in fact, CIS is also much better than Avast IS

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
technology said:
ZeroDay said:
starchild76 said:

in fact, CIS is also much better than Avast IS

Yes I agree.

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Avast is soo stupid, It detected a file (I'm really sure its a false positive) every time I try to open the game it removes the dll file although I added the file to exclusion list (on real-time protection's list and all scans) and avast still removes it. this isn't the first time avast do stupid things like this with me.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can contact avast! about this FP through their Web form. Remember to change Subject/Topic to 'Report false virus alert in file' so that you can upload the file.
http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Whatever. The problem is I added the file to exclusion but avast still detects and removes it.

DaZa9

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Yeah I forget to post here. sorry
I removed Comodo I wasn't so comfortable with it. Installed MSE + Malwarebytes.
Added Privdog.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.