yes you are right. i found that windows 7 is the most stable windows and bloat free. i plan to upgrade when end of life cycle as i want to keep my OS updated but for now windows is doing wellSome old-timer Wilders' members will love you over there for switching back to W7. You ought to be able to make it work after MS ends support. Good choice with Aomei, IMO. If you're concerned with performance and protection, you might consider Hard_Configurator, because it has special W7 profiles. In which case, you might dispense with Emsi. Check out Wilders to see others' experience with unsupported OSs.
thanks for your advice.All 4 layers are covered:
- Firewall: Windows Default
- Realtime etc: Malwarebytes, Emsisoft
- Web Browser: Emsisoft, Bitdefender (need to be removed), uBlock
- Backup: Aomei
Nice choice on having PatchMyPC as a system utility, fantastic to fill a security hole of updating software. When I used this, I didn't realise Malwarebytes needed updating, thanks for sharing.
- Remove Bitdefender Trafficlight from Chrome, this is not needed since you have Emsisoft Browser Security
- I'd stick to one the realtime protection you have out of Emsisoft Antimalware and MBAM Premium, minimal overkill
- Consider adding Scriptsafe to web browser
No worries bud, I love how PatchMyPC does the same too, secures an attack surface which would of been vulnerable in outdated software.thanks for your advice.
yes patch my pc is great simple tool for quick update your windows applications
i like also how it installs updates silently
in which area is overkill i welcome an fruitful discussion