Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Emsisoft Anti-malware Home
Voodoo shield (smart mode)
Tiny Wall
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
host file with latest phishing sites is imported to increase surf protection against phishing websites
Periodic malware scanners
Zaman anitmalware -free edition
kaspersky virus removal tool
Norton power eraser
Malwarebytes -Free scanner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
google chrome (default )(Extension Netcrat+Ublock origin with custom filters +Emsisoft browser security+Adguard integration Extension)
Maintenance tools
Wise Disk cleaner
Hard disc sential
patch my PC
O&O shut 10 to disable windows 10 telemetry and unnecessary features which consume resources and bandwidth
Revo Uninstaller Pro
File and Photo backup
sigate slim backup external hard drive
System recovery
AOEMI free Backupper
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
Computer specs
HP-Probook
4540s
core I5
6 giga RAM

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Some old-timer Wilders' members will love you over there for switching back to W7. You ought to be able to make it work after MS ends support. Good choice with Aomei, IMO. If you're concerned with performance and protection, you might consider Hard_Configurator, because it has special W7 profiles. In which case, you might dispense with Emsi. Check out Wilders to see others' experience with unsupported OSs.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Some old-timer Wilders' members will love you over there for switching back to W7. You ought to be able to make it work after MS ends support. Good choice with Aomei, IMO. If you're concerned with performance and protection, you might consider Hard_Configurator, because it has special W7 profiles. In which case, you might dispense with Emsi. Check out Wilders to see others' experience with unsupported OSs.
yes you are right. i found that windows 7 is the most stable windows and bloat free. i plan to upgrade when end of life cycle as i want to keep my OS updated but for now windows is doing well
i will take a look on hard_configurator thanks for your suggestion

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
All 4 layers are covered:
  • Firewall: Windows Default
  • Realtime etc: Malwarebytes, Emsisoft
  • Web Browser: Emsisoft, Bitdefender (need to be removed), uBlock
  • Backup: Aomei
Other advice:
  • Remove Bitdefender Trafficlight from Chrome, this is not needed since you have Emsisoft Browser Security
  • I'd stick to one the realtime protection you have out of Emsisoft Antimalware and MBAM Premium, minimal overkill
  • Consider adding Scriptsafe to web browser
Nice choice on having PatchMyPC as a system utility, fantastic to fill a security hole of updating software. When I used this, I didn't realise Malwarebytes needed updating, thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
All 4 layers are covered:
  • Firewall: Windows Default
  • Realtime etc: Malwarebytes, Emsisoft
  • Web Browser: Emsisoft, Bitdefender (need to be removed), uBlock
  • Backup: Aomei
Other advice:
  • Remove Bitdefender Trafficlight from Chrome, this is not needed since you have Emsisoft Browser Security
  • I'd stick to one the realtime protection you have out of Emsisoft Antimalware and MBAM Premium, minimal overkill
  • Consider adding Scriptsafe to web browser
Nice choice on having PatchMyPC as a system utility, fantastic to fill a security hole of updating software. When I used this, I didn't realise Malwarebytes needed updating, thanks for sharing.

~LDogg
thanks for your advice.
yes patch my pc is great simple tool for quick update your windows applications
i like also how it installs updates silently

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
thanks for your advice.
yes patch my pc is great simple tool for quick update your windows applications
i like also how it installs updates silently
No worries bud, I love how PatchMyPC does the same too, secures an attack surface which would of been vulnerable in outdated software.

~LDogg

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Added:
  • Keepass 2 for storage of my encrypted account password database on my local machine

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack and harlan4096

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Edit:
1. upgraded to windows 10 pro with 1809 update.
2. downgrade to malwarebyte Free to improve the performance on my machine.
removed:
1. Brave browser as i have both edge and google chrome which is enough.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Added:
  • Voodoo shield in smart mode (light wight and preventive solution and work well alongside Emsisoft without performance impact) (as i am a paranoid person :):) )
  • Upgraded to windows 10 Build 1903

Reactions: harlan4096 and Jack

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
in which area is overkill i welcome an fruitful discussion :)

It's simply a double locked setup. Both protect e.g. powershell, where you will be prompted by VS to allow it and you will be mildly inconvenienced by H_C to access it. I am quite certain that some MT members use both. Or VS & SysHardener. And without an AV.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.