Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Emsisoft Anti-malware Home
Voodoo shield (smart mode)
Tiny Wall
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
host file with latest phishing sites is imported to increase surf protection against phishing websites
Periodic malware scanners
Zaman anitmalware -free edition
kaspersky virus removal tool
Norton power eraser
Malwarebytes -Free scanner
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
google chrome (default )(Extension Netcrat+Ublock origin with custom filters +Emsisoft browser security+Adguard integration Extension)
Maintenance tools
Wise Disk cleaner
Hard disc sential
patch my PC
O&O shut 10 to disable windows 10 telemetry and unnecessary features which consume resources and bandwidth
Revo Uninstaller Pro
File and Photo backup
sigate slim backup external hard drive
System recovery
AOEMI free Backupper
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
Computer specs
HP-Probook
4540s
core I5
6 giga RAM

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Added:
  1. Malwarebyte Browser Guard : Good protection for malware and malversting ads and good tracking blocks and light also
  2. Sandboxie: start using it especially with the Google chrome browser as anti exploit protection.(also is going open source will have good development and bug fixes :) )
Removed:
  1. Bitdefender traffic light: for privacy concern.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Added:
  1. Malwarebyte Browser Guard : Good protection for malware and malversting ads and good tracking blocks and light also
  2. Sandboxie: start using it especially with the Google chrome browser as anti exploit protection.(also is going open source will have good development and bug fixes :) )
Removed:
  1. Bitdefender traffic light: for privacy concern.
The new Bitdefender TL extension update asked for some interesting permissions in it’s latest update on Firefox.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Could you expand on the privacy concerns with Traffic Light?

I've been trying to decide between Bitdefender Traffic Light, Emsisoft Browser Security, and Malwarebytes Browser Guard.
as @blackice said in the above reply they seems they updated their privacy policy and asked for new permissions also in google chrome (some of it related to communicating to their server and keeping logs _so i removed it

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Removed:
  • CCleaner (make a lot of Firewall connections for update although i exit it which make it suspicious )
  • Sandboxie
Added:
  • Wise Disk cleaner -clean and simple software and do what ccleaner do without any adware installed

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.