Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Changed my VPN from the Windscribe app to Windscribe using strongSwan. IKEv2 allows the VPN connection to persist even when you switch from Wifi to mobile data. It's also fast enough for me not to notice that I am using a VPN.

-Microphone Blocker

+strongSwan with Windscribe IKEv2
+Bluetooth Firewall (default deny)
+SSD Boost
+App Ops

Last edited:

AriDfoix

Level 3
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
Big thumbs up for SD-Maid, I am recently exploring a cute little alternative, even if I don't think is to be compared LTE Cleaner

TheRedSpy15/LTECleanerFOSS

SD-Maid is ok, has a little telemetry, almost not relevant piwik.darken.eu and there is optout I suppose;

About Magisk I run it on a custom channel with [FONT=monospace, monospace]kantjer/MagiskFiles those builds maybe unstable, but sometimes fixes many problems, there is an opensource alternative at conditions that SU binaries are kept on f-droid, I am going to explore that on a tablet I have [/FONT]

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Announcement. I upgraded to an LG V30. Spent the day unlocking the bootloader and rooting it.
I'm now on Linux kernel v 4.4.78 and Android 8.0 July 2018 security update. That is recent enough for me.

Removed:
-CamShield

I highly recommend an app called SSD Boost on the Play Store. It actually works by moving write to RAM. This concept has been used on PCs for years, it does wonders on Android.
lg-v30-2220-001.jpg

It's such a beautiful phone and it has a quad DAC for amazing sound quality.

Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
+IntelliAV

Very happy today to tell you that I got IntelliAV to work on Android 8.0. It was no fault of the great developers, in fact your Android phone will restore the settings of your previous device from Google backup and that causes the app to crash.

Solution: After installing IntelliAV, go to App Info by pressing and holding the icon, clear cache and data, force stop, launch app again. Viola!

IntelliAV, intelligent anti-virus is an AV entirely based on machine learning. Instead of relying on signatures, it has been trained to recognize malware and scored 99.2% detection in a recent test. I am using it because it has recently found foul apps in the Play Store that Google Play Protect didn't notice at all that I was downloading. It also scans fast and does not come with all the bloat that Android AVs have these days. Finally it does not rely on constant updates since it doesn't rely on downloading signatures. You can get it from here.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.intelliav&hl=en_US

Last edited:

AriDfoix

Level 3
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
You like IntelliAV, you may want couple it with another program https://pralab.diee.unica.it/it/RPackDroid:)

R-PackDroid is a machine-learning based ransomware detector, created by Italian researchers.
It leverages an AI powered by TensorFlow to find ransomware or generic malware* in your device.
With R-PackDroid, you can:
- Analyze your apps
- Automatically scan new/updated apps
- Analyze all “.apk” files in your device
- Analyze a single “.apk” file from your favorite cloud service

Had only one false-positive in about 4 months of usage, with Intelliav I see Aliexpress always medium score, I think the app is right :p

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
You like IntelliAV, you may want couple it with another program https://pralab.diee.unica.it/it/RPackDroid:)

R-PackDroid is a machine-learning based ransomware detector, created by Italian researchers.
It leverages an AI powered by TensorFlow to find ransomware or generic malware* in your device.
With R-PackDroid, you can:
- Analyze your apps
- Automatically scan new/updated apps
- Analyze all “.apk” files in your device
- Analyze a single “.apk” file from your favorite cloud service

Had only one false-positive in about 4 months of usage, with Intelliav I see Aliexpress always medium score, I think the app is right :p
Unfortunately Google Play says it's incompatible because I'm running Android Oreo 8.0. :/ But thank you for the find! So this is the university where IntelliAV and RPackDroid were developed?

Last edited:
Reactions: AriDfoix

AriDfoix

Level 3
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
Unfortunately Google Play says it's incompatible because I'm running Android Oreo 8.0. :/ But thank you for the find! So this is the university where IntelliAV and RPackDroid were developed?
Not sure about the issue you experience, you maybe could try take a look at the logcat, I employ it on three devices running Oreo 8.1, and on lineageOS, only on one of them IntelliAV has problems, mainly because of the SELinux status of that kernel, with R-PackDroid I didn't experienced such problem; IntelliAV give me some problems in the past, I fixed them by updating GooglePlay services and whitelisting one domain intelliav-27b28.firebaseio.com for the first communication...

Not sure my friend :)

Ah wait I understood now, there is a simple workaround to that, sideload the APK will work, now that I think about I did the same, is probably identify something on some devices, download it from another device and transfer to your device should work, try that. There is something configured on the app side on playstore I think :p

This is what you experienced:

R9zXL3.png

It's probably the dev didn't change some parameter from the back end, it actually worked fine sideloaded also on those X devices you see up here.

I take the chance to communicate you about a new app that I installed, given the fact that you also use the twrp recovery:

Tipatch patches TWRP to allow for full data backups

Regards :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasudev and DeepWeb

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Updated to latest Security patch, September 2018.

attachment.php

Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
+Kiwi Browser
+Shelter
+Family Link
+Tipatch

-Frost Incognito Browser

How to create a Windows-like Group Policy on your Android:
l9GHZ2LhPASDZJYtDHzs9WgGRX4AznUUW90TBL7H7Gwq7efs8DW5MsSbbA4EsAGEP8M

Here is the story. I am not happy with how much power even a regular user has over Android so I decided to set up Family Link on my phone to restrict access further unless by password approval. Now you cannot use AND manage Family Link on the same device so I had to come up with something. For Family Link you will need two Google accounts. One is the supervisor/parent the other is the "child". They cannot be on the same device. But this is easy to solve when you have Shelter and you set up a Work Profile where your supervisor account resides! Aha!

1. Install Shelter/Island first. Give it permission to install unknown apps

2. Download Family Link for parents in Google Play

3. In Shelter/Island move Family Link to your Work Profile. You can uninstall/freeze Family Link on your regular profile now. Set up your supervisor account.

4. Install Family Link for children in Google Play and set up your child profile.

5. Follow instructions between both apps to link the two together. At one point it will install Family Link Profile Manager. Move this to your Work Profile as well! You will have to switch back and forth.

The result is this: (Attachment)

There's a massive amount of options and ways to restrict your user account.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-24-15-52-27.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-24-15-52-27.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

DeepWeb

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
This is incredible! Family Link allows you to remotely control and monitor any Android or Apple device, and its permissions for every single device that you are signed into via Family Link. It's a remotely controlled Group Policy for your account across as many devices as you would like!! It's insanely powerful and hardens your device. Did I mention however many devices you would like?? All you have to do is sign them into Family Link and you become the admin of every one of those devices from just one device! Once again an example of how harmless Parental Control apps are secretly the most powerful security tools in existence.
ELhDSkL.jpg

nKQUOoi.jpg

Only two problems:
1) You cannot control these features through your PC or browser yet.
2) It is a hassle to disable when you want to install apps from outside the Play Store.

Nvm! Found it! Family Link is the most underrated security app on Android EVER!

Access to permissions and other settings is now controlled by the admin/group policy just like Windows. Nobody can accidentally turn those features on and all newly installed apps will have them disabled by default unless you turn them on individually in Family Link.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-25-00-47-05.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-25-00-47-05.png
    159.9 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
If You have the "Attach files" feature available, and depending on the thread (in some threads attaching files are not allowed):
AAAAAAAAA.png

Reactions: DeepWeb and Vasudev

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.