Virtualization : Sandboxie
System Utility : CCleaner
Recovery : Toshiba Recovery Media Creator
Boot CD : Hirens Boot CD
VPN : Cyber Ghost Premium VPN

D

Deleted member 178

ok i saw an issue:

Norton 360 comes with a firewall, so why Comodo Firewall, it will creates conflicts; and even if Norton FW is disabled the drivers are stiull there and will hamper the system.

Zemana AL is less performant on x64 system than x86 ones ,so it is not absolutely necessary.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Apart from what Umbra said, you could add MBAM to your setup. Also possibly add the following addons to Waterfox/Chrome, HTTPS Everywhere, Lastpass and No Script. :)

Apart from that, looking good.

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
ok i saw an issue:

Norton 360 comes with a firewall, so why Comodo Firewall, it will creates conflicts; and even if Norton FW is disabled the drivers are stiull there and will hamper the system.

Zemana AL is less performant on x64 system than x86 ones ,so it is not absolutely necessary.

ok i will get rid on Zemana antilogger but i tweaked norton to be comaptible with comodo firewall and so far i have not noticed any slow down
Thanks for the comment : )

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
McLovin said:
Apart from what Umbra said, you could add MBAM to your setup. Also possibly add the following addons to Waterfox/Chrome, HTTPS Everywhere, Lastpass and No Script. :)

Apart from that, looking good.

i will install HTTPS Every Where and lastpass and no script like you said. i did put MBAM PRO There : )

Thanks for the comment : )

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Security Awareness: Advanced

I think Norton 360 with comodo firewall is not fit even if you tweak it.
Try to get either norton 360 or nav with cfw

You don't need Mbam Pro as it will only eat resource
Turn off real time and use only on demand

D

Deleted member 178

Defender said:
i tweaked norton to be comaptible with comodo firewall and so far i have not noticed any slow down

the problem is not you can tweak Norton or not to be compatible, the fact is that the 2 firewall's drivers installed on the same machine may create issues and even mess up your system.

you don't see "yet" any visible issues but it may already happened on the background.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Downgrade to Norton AV, if you plan to continue using Comodo Firewall.

Suggestions:
- HTTPs Everywhere for your web browsers.
https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

With Sandboxie, I don't think MBAM Pro is needed alongside Norton.

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
Defender said:
i tweaked norton to be comaptible with comodo firewall and so far i have not noticed any slow down

the problem is not you can tweak Norton or not to be compatible, the fact is that the 2 firewall's drivers installed on the same machine may create issues and even mess up your system.

you don't see "yet" any visible issues but it may already happened on the background.

Okay i will get rid of comodo firewall : )

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Earth said:
Downgrade to Norton AV, if you plan to continue using Comodo Firewall.

Suggestions:
- HTTPs Everywhere for your web browsers.
https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

ok i will get rif of MBAM pro and i will rid of comodo firewall

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Member said:
Security Awareness: Advanced

I think Norton 360 with comodo firewall is not fit even if you tweak it.
Try to get either norton 360 or nav with cfw

You don't need Mbam Pro as it will only eat resource
Turn off real time and use only on demand

Ok i will Thanks : )

MrExplorer said:
Is there any slowdown of the PC.

not at the moment : )

P

Plexx

Defender said:
I Have Updated My Config how does it look now ? : )

Do you need all 3 RT solutions? Either Norton + WSA or avast! + WSA would be enough:)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

I agree.

Real-time Protection: Norton 360 , Avast Free and Webroot Secure Anywhere complete 2013

To each their own, but how are there no conflicts. Do I see three realtime AV's there?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Norton and Avast? Never seen that before. :rolleyes: I don't think either are companion antiviruses, but let's find out to see it it's a recipe for disaster.

I think I should rephrase, Sandboxie + Norton = Sufficient. ;)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Biozfear might have something to say about it. I would not put it past him to temporarily experiment with 4 realtime AV's running simultaneously. LOL

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.