Defender's Config

I

illumination

I think i would have to agree with Earth, sandboxie & Norton would be enough, everything else is just shooting yourself in the foot so to say.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Just a simple question if you have Security Awareness: Advanced, then why do you need three real-time AV's?

Most users who have Security Awareness of Advanced, can get by with just a simple AV like MSE or none at all.

It is not wise to run more then one AV in real-time. I have seen this actually cause infections on systems because one will conflict with the other when both at the same time will try to block an infection causing both to lock up and the malware then can escapes both and infect your system. In order for an AV to do its job, it needs no interference form another security product.

Besides that I feel sorry for the system that tries to load all of these processes in its memory, it is just not good for a system. You might as well have a few malware running because they will probably do less damage then what three real-time AV's would do.

Thanks.:D

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for the comments All. i will keep norton+WSA and see how that turns out : )

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Littlebits said:
Just a simple question if you have Security Awareness: Advanced, then why do you need three real-time AV's?

Most users who have Security Awareness of Advanced, can get by with just a simple AV like MSE or none at all.

It is not wise to run more then one AV in real-time. I have seen this actually cause infections on systems because one will conflict with the other when both at the same time will try to block an infection causing both to lock up and the malware then can escapes both and infect your system. In order for an AV to do its job, it needs no interference form another security product.

Besides that I feel sorry for the system that tries to load of of these processes in its memory, it is just not good for a system. You might as well have a few malware running because they will probably do less damage then what three real-time AV's would do.

Thanks.:D

Thank you i will be keeping norton and WSA like Earth said.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
WSA + Sandboxie is already an excellent combi.
In the aspects of greater detection ones can rely on free malware scanners without having to compromised system performance and stability in realtime.

Thanks

Defender

Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
bitbizket said:
WSA + Sandboxie is already an excellent combi.
In the aspects of greater detection ones can rely on free malware scanners without having to compromised system performance and stability in realtime.

Thanks

Agreed Thanks : )

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.