New Update DefenderUI by VoodooShield - Turn on Hidden Security Features of Microsoft Defender

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
The manual CMD way is all I use now. The issue hit me with an OS update a few months ago. The CMD method works every time.
Could also just create a BAT file to do it.
Yeah, when you click "Reset Signatures" in DefenderUI, it runs the following commands...

MpCmdRun.exe -RemoveDefinitions -All
MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate

In the article, the commands are slightly different...

MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures

If the first one is not working for you guys, but the second one is, please let me know and I will change it in DefenderUI, thank you!

Reactions: Nevi and Zartarra
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Yeah, when you click "Reset Signatures" in DefenderUI, it runs the following commands...

MpCmdRun.exe -RemoveDefinitions -All

In the article, the commands are slightly different...

MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures

If the first one is not working for you guys, but the second one is, please let me know and I will change it in DefenderUI, thank you!
I run the command as admin but I'm not sure it matters

Reactions: Nevi and danb

fredvries

Level 1
Oct 16, 2021
@danb Troubleshoot did find some issues in Windows Update. See screenshot.

Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 2022-08-08_080410.png
    2022-08-08_080410.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: danb

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
I have no problem with MD and Windows updates.
Yeah, I think this is an extremely uncommon issue, so a fix might be hard to find. I had something like this recently... my MD tray icon disappeared for a couple of months and I could not find a fix for it anywhere. Then the other day I searched one last time and found a fix. It's funny because I really do not need that tray icon, but I do need it to verify the DefenderUI one is correct ;).

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hi Dan,

when can we expect a price for DefenderUI Pro? Will you offer a Lifetime License similar to your offer regarding VoodooShield?

Many Thanks!

Werderforever
It's going to be a while before we start to charge for DefenderUI Pro, but yeah, if we do charge for it there will be a lifetime license option. Thank you!

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Hey Guys!

Here are the latest versions of DefenderUI and DefenderUI Pro. There were only small changes a couple of very minor bug fixes.

DefenderUI 1.07
SHA-256: 99235e59511f3c2ef6772b1fd16f90d1cd43199cc4f6ce3a317cd8c41f421143

DefenderUIPro 1.08
SHA-256: 731ebe9c1e43e1ba39e42f20065e007009daa6a293d8b13fc52412d1bccd2f57

Thank you guys!

Dan

May have been posted before sorry but what is the biggest difference between DefenderUI and DefenderUIPro ?

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
May have been posted before sorry but what is the biggest difference between DefenderUI and DefenderUIPro ?
DefenderUI Pro is the same as DefenderUI, but Pro also includes a lite version of VS. So you can run DefenderUI with VS, but you cannot run DefenderUI Pro with VS.

That way users can run VS with third party AV's, or they can run DefenderUI with MD and a different zero-trust product, or they can run DefenderUI Pro that combines DefenderUI and VS.

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
Hey Guys!

Here are the latest versions of DefenderUI and DefenderUI Pro. There were only small changes a couple of very minor bug fixes.

DefenderUI 1.07
SHA-256: 99235e59511f3c2ef6772b1fd16f90d1cd43199cc4f6ce3a317cd8c41f421143

DefenderUIPro 1.08
SHA-256: 731ebe9c1e43e1ba39e42f20065e007009daa6a293d8b13fc52412d1bccd2f57

Thank you guys!

Dan
thanks Dan!

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Hi Dan, giving DefenderUIPro a whirl and have a question. In the Advanced Settings page the Threat Default Actions are determined by what profile you are using, is there a way to set up the default actions individually ? For instance I have some programs that may be detected as a High or Severe threat which I know are safe and I do not want them to be quarantined or deleted without my permission. If I had my choice I would set all default actions to Block, that way I have control as to what is going to happen next. Thanks.

danb

From VoodooShield
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hi Dan, giving DefenderUIPro a whirl and have a question. In the Advanced Settings page the Threat Default Actions are determined by what profile you are using, is there a way to set up the default actions individually ? For instance I have some programs that may be detected as a High or Severe threat which I know are safe and I do not want them to be quarantined or deleted without my permission. If I had my choice I would set all default actions to Block, that way I have control as to what is going to happen next. Thanks.
I think I know what you mean, but if this does not answer your question please let me know. The Threat Default Actions are independent from security profiles, but they do have default values for each of the security profiles (like when you switch security profiles), but you can change them to whatever you like. Are you saying that you want to be able to keep the Threat Default Actions always on Block, and for them to not change to their default profiles when a new Security Profile is selected? If so, I think makes a lot of sense to do it that way as well. Please let me know if this is what you mean, thank you!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.