New Update DefenderUI by VoodooShield - Turn on Hidden Security Features of Microsoft Defender

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
it`s paid or free?
Free at the moment, will probably become paid someday:
It's going to be a while before we start to charge for DefenderUI Pro, but yeah, if we do charge for it there will be a lifetime license option. Thank you!

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
@danb
Could you elaborate a little regarding Edge becoming 'Managed' after installing DefenderUI, in addition, is clearing the 'Managed' notification by way of reg file etc detrimental to the protection DefUI provides? Thanks.
Do not worry. It's about disabling startup boost in Edge. Sandboxie does the same to work correctly.

O

ODHSNM

I had already disabled start-up boost prior to installing DefUI and clearing the managed browser notification doesn't appear to have had any ill effect, just being picky and prefer my browser unmanaged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
I had already disabled start-up boost prior to installing DefUI and clearing the managed browser notification doesn't appear to have had any ill effect, just being picky and prefer my browser unmanaged.
Is start-up boost a security risk because Edge will be loaded before the OS itself has been fully loaded?

Edit: What I mean is that Edge starts earlier than third party security programs.

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

chrisgogrn

Sep 7, 2022
Hi,
Is it possible to change an option so that control in Defender is no longer done on non-compatibility drivers to turn on Memory integrity ??

Attachments

• Drivers.jpg
    Drivers.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: vtqhtr413
O

ODHSNM

Is start-up boost a security risk because Edge will be loaded before the OS itself has been fully loaded?
Yes, this appears the risk and reason for blocking start-up boost.
I did have a short email from @danb that provided a little more info, but committed the school boy error of clearing my spam folder and inadvertently deleted said email in the process. No doubt @danb will comment when he gets time.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Didn't follow the thread lately so allow me a short question. Are both versions, DefenderUI and DefenderUI Pro updating automatically to the latest version when an update is available?

Reactions: goodjohnjr

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
Didn't follow the thread lately so allow me a short question. Are both versions, DefenderUI and DefenderUI Pro updating automatically to the latest version when an update is available?
Hi yes my DUIPro has been auto updating, it doesnt prompt or ask, you will just see a UAC prompt and the installer starts (currently 1.08 here)

Would like to see an optional "check for updates" or "an update is available"

Stelica

Level 2
Sep 27, 2021
Even if you disabled the startup boost, it happened with some Edge updates to activate itself!

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Hi yes my DUIPro has been auto updating, it doesnt prompt or ask, you will just see a UAC prompt and the installer starts (currently 1.08 here)

Would like to see an optional "check for updates" or "an update is available"

I just installed DefenderUI for the first time earlier this week, and mine is still at version 1.07; and I am also wondering will it automatically update.

If so, then I can recommend DefenderUI over ConfigureDefender, because I need something that I can recommend to people that they can install, set, and forget without having to worry about remembering to find updated of GitHub et cetera.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I just installed DefenderUI for the first time earlier this week, and mine is still at version 1.07; and I am also wondering will it automatically update.

If so, then I can recommend DefenderUI over ConfigureDefender, because I need something that I can recommend to people that they can install, set, and forget without having to worry about remembering to find updated of GitHub et cetera.
It does, when it wants to install the update it will just prompt the UAC window to ask for permission. Other than that, it sits nicely in the icon tray. :D If you're using the non-pro version, like myself, then v1.07 is currently the latest version up for grabs. (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.