Expired DefenseWall Giveaway Discussion

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Yes,DefenseWall will only work on 32bits....The reason : PatchGuard and lack of official kernel-level interface functionality in the 64bits OS.
So far only SBIE manage to find a away around the PatchGuard and all the developers are waiting to see how Microsoft will react.
DefenseWall is a great piece of software.No slowdowns and 99,99% security guaranteed.. ;) .
Hopefully in the near future SoftSphere Technologies will manage to release a 64bit version.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
Time, effort and probably money are required to make a 64bit compatible version. Hopefully the author will find the necessary resources for it. The end-result might not provide the same level of security as the 32bit version. Until then, for 32bit users, DefenseWall Personal Firewall can be a valuable addition to their security.

eXPerience

Level 1
Mar 7, 2011
Yeah, +1 on the 64 bit problem. I'm not even going to apply, cause I won't be able to use the software anyway ...

eXp

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
want to use it for my old machine with 32bit architecture :)
for more protect and combine it with avast free 6 (with disable some feature for can combine with defensewall)
hope i win again
^^

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
Jack said:
So far only SBIE managed to find a away around the PatchGuard and all the developers are waiting to see how Microsoft will react.
I don't know what the beta version of Sanboxie actually does but if this is the start of a cat and mouse game (Microsoft releases a patch, Sandboxie finds another way around PatchGuard and so on) it might be better to leave PatchGuard alone.

Farmer

May 10, 2011
Because of that I was looking for a laptop for yourself optimum protection, and least aggravating my machine. And so I came to the DWPF, which won in the contest. The program is virtually maintenance free for the excellent support and develop this. Iyla help in everything and is available virtually 24 hours a day. Do not leave unsolved problems! With clear conscience I can recommend DefenseWall anyone. All participants in the contest good luck because we have this program to protect your computer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.