Solved Defrag problem (hard drive failure?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
Yesterday i ran Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro 4.2.1.0 and Perfect Disk 12.5 and they found many "unmovable files" that are not system files, including system files. I have checked hard drive S.M.A.R.T. at it's says that it is ok (green). I'he even checked for hard drive bad sectors but the hard drive regenerator didn't find any bad sectors. Is it a hard drive failure, i bought hard drive(Western Digital WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1) 6 months ago. The temperature of the hard disk is 33 C.

Auslogics Disk Defrag just hangs at 24.67% and won't move(can not move unmovable file), and Perfect Disk is stuck at 1% but when i go to his log it's says unable to move file, skipping-something like that.

I don't know what the problem is. Two weeks before it was working just fine but now problems.

Is there something blocking it from defragging or should i do something in the registry?

P.S. I had Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro i removed it because he couldn't defrag-optimize(stuck at 24% and won't move for an hour or more) and then I installed Perfect Disk same issue(stuck at 1%).

I have reinstalled my Windows 7 at least 6 or more times by now and same result occurs.
I have Bitdefender Total Security 2013-is he causing this problem?

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
It is not a hard drive problem for sure, there can be a lot of reasons,
try after turning off pagefile or try with a boot time defrag application

Upvote 0

De_Haos

Thread author
Oct 30, 2012
madyrocksin said:
It is not a hard drive problem for sure, there can be a lot of reasons,
try after turning off pagefile or try with a boot time defrag application

Thank man the boot time defrag done it's job. I used Perfect Disk to do it. But it just defrags MTF files and NTF files. By the way i have 1.6% file fragmentation. Is this normal?

Upvote 0

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
De_Haos said:
But it just defrags MTF files and NTF files. By the way i have 1.6% file fragmentation. Is this normal?

I am not too good with defragmentation, but 1.6% is something i would never ever be bothered about...personally i don't go for defragmentation until or unless my fragmented files are 10% or more

What ever you have said, your disk and fragmentation looks fine to me :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.