Advice Request Defrager for Windows 7 X64 Bits.O.S.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Hello,Everyone!

Any suggestions, on a good Defrager for Windows 7 X64 Bits.O.S.?:huh:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have found that the default Windows 7 disk defrag tool to be best, imo.

As for third party options, other members may be able to guide you on that.

I

illumination

I agree with Earth, Windows 7 disk defrag tool works fine, but if you are looking for a third party defrag tool, here are a couple options that have been discussed in the forum..
Third Party Defrag

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Thank you! Earth and thewolfsmith72!

I will look at Puran, any suggestions?

Many many thanks!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
You can try from Iobit Products called Smart Defrag, you may give a shoot.

D

Deleted member 178

i tried:

1- iobit SM2 = good optimizer but the boot time defrag mode seems to be too fast (blink of an eye) to be really effective.
2- Auslogic: very fast but nothing else special to me.
3- Puran = fast, good optimizer, boot time defrag is effective.

im using Puran actually.

Moose

Level 22
Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
Hello, umbrapolaris!

Thank you! Very Much! I will try Puran!

Many many thanks

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Give Auslogics Disk Defrag a try because it's one of the best free alternatives out there, Puran Defrag was known to delete restore points when you would do a Boot Defrag, I'm not sure if it still does so be careful.

D

Deleted member 178

BoXX28 said:
Give Auslogics Disk Defrag a try because it's one of the best free alternatives out there

i agree

BoXX28 said:
Puran Defrag was known to delete restore points when you would do a Boot Defrag, I'm not sure if it still does so be careful.

i never use restore points so i dont mind about it :D but honestly i cant tell if true or false.

I

illumination

umbrapolaris said:
BoXX28 said:
Give Auslogics Disk Defrag a try because it's one of the best free alternatives out there

i agree

BoXX28 said:
Puran Defrag was known to delete restore points when you would do a Boot Defrag, I'm not sure if it still does so be careful.

i never use restore points so i dont mind about it :D but honestly i cant tell if true or false.

I do not keep restore points either! It is just more the AV scanner has to dig through as well as the defrag times.. If i run into a problem that would even make me consider a restore point, i reformat!

D

Deleted member 178

restore points takes system partition space, dont work all the time, and most of the times fix nothing. My Backup image fix All.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Never really felt any difference between this defrag programs...Right now I'm using Auslogics due to the fact that it defrags pretty fast...I've used Puran in the part and it was good......the time need it to defrag was slighter higher than with Auslogcis....
How often do you defrag your system ?

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i just using auslogics disk defrag (every 2 weeks or so )with optimize setting for every 1month

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.