Defraggler

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
Defraggler version v2.08.373 is out as of 14th of November. Change log as follow:

v2.08.373 (14 Nov 2011)
- Added Disk and File benchmarking.
- Added Volume Shadow Service (VSS) compatible mode.
- Improvements to disk health tab.
- Added Real Value information to SMART data.
- Health tab now supports Fahrenheit.
- Improvements to SSD detection.
- Minor fixes to scheduler stop commands.
- Minor defrag algorithm improvements.
- Translation fixes.

Source

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I was using this software before and I can say that I'm not satisfied with what it offers and it doesn't optimize your file system unlike the other Defraggers.

P

Plexx

Thread author
I still prefer PP and O&O but on my desktop I do have defraggler installed, however I haven't fully tested and compared to other freeware options. May I ask exactly if the other freeware has the Optimize Option?

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Smart Defrag, Puran Defrag and Auslogics Disk Defrag offers File System optimization.

P

Plexx

Thread author
I think I got Auslogics one but not updated. Might as well update it :)

Thanks a lot BoXX :)

P

Plexx

Thread author
O&O was given to me for free.
Perfect Disk I paid for it since a few years back since I liked their software.

I don't see anything wrong in paying for software that is good. Sure there are free alternatives but I can justify Perfect Disk.

I couldn't justify Winamp Pro for example.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Paying for security is different then paying for a system utility. Auslogics,Puran,Defraggler and Smart Defrag can do just as good if not better then a paid defrag. You can also say that about security but not necessarily true. When it comes to computers you never need to spend any amount of money on software your entire life to maintain a healthy pc. I have used every defragger out there. They are all about the same but vary in options and speed. But you will gain nothing by paying for O&O or PerfectDisk then using Auslogics or Puran.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
BoXX28 said:
I was using this software before and I can say that I'm not satisfied with what it offers and it doesn't optimize your file system unlike the other Defraggers.

Totally agree with you there BoXX, that's why I stopped using it when there is perfectly working free offerings out there. Smart Defrag is my choice for now.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
BoXX28 said:
Smart Defrag, Puran Defrag and Auslogics Disk Defrag offers File System optimization.

SD and Puran also have boot time (MFT) defrag but not Auslogic.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Boot defrag is performed by your OS about every 3rd boot or so. When you use Smart Defrag or Puran all you are doing is forcing your OS to do what it will do on its own.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Maximus said:
Boot defrag is performed by your OS about every 3rd boot or so. When you use Smart Defrag or Puran all you are doing is forcing your OS to do what it will do on its own.

but still useful, when i do a backup, i like to clean and optimize my system before it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Maximus said:
Boot defrag is performed by your OS about every 3rd boot or so.

Would this be the same as:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-enable-or-disable-defrag-of-Boot-Files-in-Vista-7

I checked in Registry Editor and mine was disabled.

Dieselman

Level 1
Mar 26, 2011
Then you must have done something. It is on by default on any new Windows 7 pc and even Vista. I can check over 1000 Windows 7 pc's right here at work and they are all on by default.

D Bone

May 28, 2011
I don't have "enable" listed in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Dfrg\BootOptimizeFunction on my W7 x64 Home Premium.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Maximus said:

Learned something new there, but I assume it would not have any bad effect regardless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.