Troubleshoot deleted folder keeps reappearing

novocaine

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
Hi MT expert,

I have an issue, I tried many times to delete old folder containing thousands of PDF files but it failed. yes the folder disappear after I hit delete or shift+delete, but it reappears right after I hit right click and refresh, I have run full scan of malware using HMP, ZAM and check the PE sysinternals, all clean, I tried to delete the folder on safe mode, still the folder keeps reappearing, anyone please help, the folder size is 2GB and contains approx 13k PDF (my old unused files)

novocaine

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
I have tried them but none works, but I have solved it manually, the folder consists of hundreds folder and thousands pdf file, I tried to put every subfolder out of the main folder and cut all the file out, then I delete it hundreds by hundreds and no folder appears anymore, that's weird, why I have to pull out all the file first then it can be deleted, anyway thanks :)

Upvote 0

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I have tried them but none works, but I have solved it manually, the folder consists of hundreds folder and thousands pdf file, I tried to put every subfolder out of the main folder and cut all the file out, then I delete it hundreds by hundreds and no folder appears anymore, that's weird, why I have to pull out all the file first then it can be deleted, anyway thanks :)
Great to see you got it sorted out buddy. :)

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.