Home
    System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    Security Updates
    Manual Updates - User intervention required
    User Access Control
    Network Security (Firewall)
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Administrator
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    Kaspersky Free AV
    NoVirusThanks OSArmor
    simplewall
    Shadow defender
    RTP - Custom security settings
  • Minor changes for Better performance
  • Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Zemana Antimalware
    Hitman Pro
    Norton Power Eraser
    Emsisoft Emergency kit
    Winja
    Browsers and Extensions
    Browsers: Firefox and Opera
    Extensions: ublock origin, Tampermonkey, Enhancer for Youtube, S3 translator, IDM integration, Lastpass, h264ify
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    ublock origin
    Hostsman
    System Utilities
    CCleaner portable
    Wise Disk cleaner
    Eset Sysinspector
    Comodo Cleaning Essentials
    PatchMyPC
    Process Hacker
    Data Backup
    Manual backup to external HDD
    Frequency of Data backups
    Monthly
    System Backup
    Macrium Reflect
    Frequency of System backups
    Occasionally

Deletedmessiah

Level 22
    Verified
    Content Creator
    I'm going to test ERP sometime soon. I'm not planning to use VS right now but maybe in the future.
    I've set browser to delete cookies and history on browser exit. I used incognito mode all the time a year ago but not much nowadays.
    I don't like HTTPS everywhere since it has noticeable system impact and it breaks some websites. Besides, almost all websites I visit are using HTTPS nowadays.
    Thanks, I've added decentraleyes.

I don't like Privazer's cleaning speed and I don't want to securely erase or whatever its called. I like to be able to recover files if I delete some by mistake. Privazer won't allow that.

yitworths

Level 10
    Verified
    I've set browser to delete cookies and history on browser exit
    it's not good practice privacy-wise. You can be easily tracked even if you've changed domain. If you open several pages in the same tab every previous website has d position to track you if they do use certain cookies. Even if you open different websites in different tabs, still you are under threat. Cookie-hijacking is serious threat & you should delete cookies as early as possible. btw cookie autodelete also deletes cookies upon domain change.
    HTTPS everywhere since it has noticeable system impact and it breaks some websites. Besides, almost all websites I visit are using HTTPS nowadays.
    HTTPS everywhere also blocks or hinders other websites to see your browsing session. It's not just bloody encryption. It blocks/hinders x website to see whether you've visited y website or not.

Last edited:

Deletedmessiah

Level 22
    Verified
    Content Creator
    it's not good practice privacy-wise. You can be easily tracked even if you've changed domain. If you open several pages in the same tab every previous website has d position to track you if they do use certain cookies. Even if you open different websites in different tabs, still you are under threat. Cookie-hijacking is serious threat & you should delete cookies as early as possible. btw cookie autodelete also deletes cookies upon domain change.

HTTPS everywhere also blocks or hinders other websites to see your browsing session. It's not just bloody encryption. It blocks/hinders x website
    to see whether you've visited y website or not.
    I'll take cookie auto delete into consideration. To be honest I'm just too lazy and my care for privacy has gone down a lot this past year. I still customize privacy settings in products as long as they're easy and fast to set.
    I didn't have good experience with HTTPS everywhere so I won't use it again.

LDogg

Level 29
    Verified
    Basics are a convered, thank you for sharing!

About HTTPS Everywhere, I seem to find the web extension in 2018 not needed, most sites now use HTTPS by default. Cookie Autodelete is a vital extension to use as it can also delete Super Cookies stored in DOM Storage, which BetterPrivacy used to be able to delete!

You may also add Scriptsafe, NoScript, Cookie Autodelete, Decentraleyes, Norton Safe Web, IDN Safe, CSS Exfil Protection to Firefox.
    For Opera you can add Scriptsafe, Decentraleyes, Singleclick Cleaner & Avira Browser Safety.

~LDogg

yitworths

Level 10
    Verified
    Does it disable securely erase(or whatever its called) when you clean? I don't want to clean it by making the files unrecoverable.
    It seems so. Privazer deletes residual traces form free sector of disk either by resetting all those sectors to 0 or 1 or either random 0 & 1 or overwriting those sectors. So using aforementioned setting should disable securely erase. but if those free sectors already have been occupied by new files then you won't be able to recover your old files & it has nothing to do with privazer. Hope it helps.

try this setting 2018-06-23_10-46-07.png instead

Last edited:

Deletedmessiah

Level 22
    Verified
    Content Creator
    It seems so. Privazer deletes residual traces form free sector of disk either by resetting all those sectors to 0 or 1 or either random 0 & 1 or overwriting those sectors. So using aforementioned setting should disable securely erase. but if those free sectors already have been occupied by new files then you won't be able to recover your old files & it has nothing to do with privazer. Hope it helps.
    If it disables secure erasure, then I'll give it a try with those settings. Thanks.