Hitman Pro
Norton Power Eraser
Emsisoft Emergency kit
Winja
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Browsers: Firefox and Opera
Extensions: ublock origin, Tampermonkey, Enhancer for Youtube, S3 translator, IDM integration, Lastpass, h264ify
Maintenance tools
CCleaner portable
Wise Disk cleaner
Eset Sysinspector
Comodo Cleaning Essentials
PatchMyPC
Process Hacker
File and Photo backup
Manual backup to external HDD
System recovery
Macrium Reflect

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I'm going to test ERP sometime soon. I'm not planning to use VS right now but maybe in the future.
I've set browser to delete cookies and history on browser exit. I used incognito mode all the time a year ago but not much nowadays.
I don't like HTTPS everywhere since it has noticeable system impact and it breaks some websites. Besides, almost all websites I visit are using HTTPS nowadays.
Thanks, I've added decentraleyes.

I don't like Privazer's cleaning speed and I don't want to securely erase or whatever its called. I like to be able to recover files if I delete some by mistake. Privazer won't allow that.

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I've set browser to delete cookies and history on browser exit

it's not good practice privacy-wise. You can be easily tracked even if you've changed domain. If you open several pages in the same tab every previous website has d position to track you if they do use certain cookies. Even if you open different websites in different tabs, still you are under threat. Cookie-hijacking is serious threat & you should delete cookies as early as possible. btw cookie autodelete also deletes cookies upon domain change.
HTTPS everywhere since it has noticeable system impact and it breaks some websites. Besides, almost all websites I visit are using HTTPS nowadays.

HTTPS everywhere also blocks or hinders other websites to see your browsing session. It's not just bloody encryption. It blocks/hinders x website to see whether you've visited y website or not.

Last edited:

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
it's not good practice privacy-wise. You can be easily tracked even if you've changed domain. If you open several pages in the same tab every previous website has d position to track you if they do use certain cookies. Even if you open different websites in different tabs, still you are under threat. Cookie-hijacking is serious threat & you should delete cookies as early as possible. btw cookie autodelete also deletes cookies upon domain change.

HTTPS everywhere also blocks or hinders other websites to see your browsing session. It's not just bloody encryption. It blocks/hinders x website
to see whether you've visited y website or not.
I'll take cookie auto delete into consideration. To be honest I'm just too lazy and my care for privacy has gone down a lot this past year. I still customize privacy settings in products as long as they're easy and fast to set.
I didn't have good experience with HTTPS everywhere so I won't use it again.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Basics are a convered, thank you for sharing!

About HTTPS Everywhere, I seem to find the web extension in 2018 not needed, most sites now use HTTPS by default. Cookie Autodelete is a vital extension to use as it can also delete Super Cookies stored in DOM Storage, which BetterPrivacy used to be able to delete!

You may also add Scriptsafe, NoScript, Cookie Autodelete, Decentraleyes, Norton Safe Web, IDN Safe, CSS Exfil Protection to Firefox.
For Opera you can add Scriptsafe, Decentraleyes, Singleclick Cleaner & Avira Browser Safety.

~LDogg

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
I don't like Privazer's cleaning speed and I don't want to securely erase or whatever its called.

enable advanced options>performance>boost. try this settings 2018-06-23_09-51-25.png & 2018-06-23_09-52-01.png. You may also max up privazer's priority. & check start cleaning,

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Does it disable securely erase(or whatever its called) when you clean? I don't want to clean it by making the files unrecoverable.

It seems so. Privazer deletes residual traces form free sector of disk either by resetting all those sectors to 0 or 1 or either random 0 & 1 or overwriting those sectors. So using aforementioned setting should disable securely erase. but if those free sectors already have been occupied by new files then you won't be able to recover your old files & it has nothing to do with privazer. Hope it helps.

try this setting 2018-06-23_10-46-07.png instead

Last edited:

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
It seems so. Privazer deletes residual traces form free sector of disk either by resetting all those sectors to 0 or 1 or either random 0 & 1 or overwriting those sectors. So using aforementioned setting should disable securely erase. but if those free sectors already have been occupied by new files then you won't be able to recover your old files & it has nothing to do with privazer. Hope it helps.
If it disables secure erasure, then I'll give it a try with those settings. Thanks.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Removed: Malwarebytes, Poper blocker and decentraleyes extensions. Malwarebytes was working fine but I don't need it.
Replaced poper blocker with Adguard popup blocker script. So far it works well.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.