W 11 50.68%
W 10 44.64%
W 10 44.64%
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Take my brother's story for example; he refused to update to Windows 11, one day Microsoft issued an update and the next time he booted PC... boom... Windows 11.I just don't know how Microsoft succeeded in forcing people to use Win 11
Games force users, not MS.I just don't know how Microsoft succeeded in forcing people to use Win 11
Currently, I have W 11 on one PC and 10 on the other one.At the risk of going against the flow here when I first installed Win 11 beta I liked it from the first moment & although there are some parts of it that irritate me but it could be a lot worse & an improvement on 10, as long as I can adjust what MS want me to do against what I wish I'm still happyish.![]()
MS: for security reasonsTake my brother's story for example; he refused to update to Windows 11, one day Microsoft issued an update and the next time he booted PC... boom... Windows 11.
I jumped from Windows 7 to a new computer. I loved it, really. It's more stable than Windows 7, with more ways to fix things automatically when they break. At one update the next year, they actually made it faster enough that I noticed. It may be a beast, but it hasn't caused any more pain and has improved in security.I liked it from the first moment
Jumped to 11?I jumped from Windows 7 to a new computer
Yes.Jumped to 11?
It's quite a jump; I have had the entire journey step by step.Yes.
I'm using it too, just for the prettier UI and faster clearance of temporary files compared to W 10; for performance and resource usage, W 10 is the winner.Ive used Win11 since the first beta and i've not really had any big issues yet, So i have no complaints.
MS releases one good then one buggy, alternatively.I reverted most of my home machines to 10 after upgrading to 11. Not my taste and I got the keyboard bug on a few machines after going for 25H2 (losing keyboard input on login and needs a restart)
I'll just maximize the ESU.
Yes this was the pattern. Hope it remains the same for 12.MS releases one good then one buggy, alternatively.
98, XP, 7, 10: good
2000, Vista, 8, 11: buggy
Waiting for 12 to find out if it is going to follow the rule.
Expect 12 to be a good one; the only obstacle for those using old hardware, like me, it might not install, similar to inablility to install W 11 24h2 on core 2 dou cpu.Yes this was the pattern. Hope it remains the same for 12.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes