.Devos Ransomware encrypted personal files

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkamb

Thread author
Jan 20, 2020
Hello! Got my valuable files encrypted by ransomware with the .Devos extension. Example of 1 of my file names: MYZ-9506.pdf.id[98BE8C14-2642].[backinfo@protonmail.com].Devos
I have tried Malwarebytes antimalware free, spyhunter, Zemana AntiMalware, Emsisoft Emergency Kit but they don't find any issues. Attached you will find the 2 .txt's requested from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool + an image of the ransomware encryption details.
Your input and any help is appreciated!
Kind regards,
Jim Kambanis

Attachments

• Addition_20-01-2020 05.48.57.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST_20-01-2020 05.48.57.txt
    25.1 KB · Views: 1
  • devos encryption.jpg
    devos encryption.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: [correlate]

jkamb

Thread author
Jan 20, 2020
I read through a number of sites. It seems my files are infected by the Phobos Ransomware Virus. I read the following:
"Unfortunately, there are no ways to decrypt files locked by this ransomware is it uses strong AES and RSA encryption methods. The process cannot be reversed without keys owned by cybercriminals, and security experts are currently powerless to obtain them. All you can do is backup the encrypted data and wait for the best.". Source
I will eagerly wait for responses from anyone but I guess I can't expect miracles... :_(

Reactions: [correlate]

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Your findings on this Ransomware is correct.
There is nothing we can do.

I have reviewed your logs and suggest you enable your System Restore.
It was disabled by the malware.

ATTENTION: System Restore is disabled
Turn System Restore ON for Drives in Windows 10 - Immediately.
<<<>>>

How to Enable Ransomware Protection in Windows 10

Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.