Video Converter: Freemake Video Converter
CD & DVD Tools: WinCDEmu, Magic Dis, Nero BurnLite 10, SetupClone CD & DVD
Internet: Skype, XFast LAN
Compression: 7z, Winrar, UHARC
Downloader:IDM, Utorrent, Freemake Video Downloader
File Transfer: Teracopy
FTP Client: FileZilla
Cloud Service: DropBox, Skydrive
Game Tuning: DX SDK, Games for Windows LIVE, Nvidia PhysX SDK and System Software, Steam, GameBooster, VirtuMVP
Office: Ms Office 2007, Foxit Reader, Nitro PDF
Image Editing: Paint, Gimp, WinWatermark
Image Optimization: PNG Gauntlet, BatchMarker
System Tuning: CCleaner, JetClean, JetBoost, XFast USB
System BenchMarking: Unigine Heaven, CPUZ, CPUG, NovaBench, SiSandra, Fraps
System OverClocking: ASUS Gpu Tweak, MemTest, Sapphire Trixx, MSI Afterburner, ASRock Xtreme Utility
Partition Manager: EaseUS
Windows Utility: Disk Cleanup, Disk Defragmenter, Snipping Tool
Live CD's: Hiren's Boot CD, MDOP (Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack)
Virtualization: VmWare
Development: Android SDK and Eclipse, Microsoft Visual Studio
CMS: WordPress
SEO: SEO PowerSuite, Web CEO
Other: BlueStacks

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Are you running both Bitdefender and ZoneAlarm?

If you prefer ZoneAlarm as your Firewall, downgrading to Bitdefender Antivirus Plus would be my recommendation. Although with Windows 7, the default Windows Firewall is sufficient and manageable.

VirusTotal may be good tools for checking individual files, but to scan your PC you could use Malwarebytes Free as your on-demand scanner.

devx

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
Earth said:
Are you running both Bitdefender and ZoneAlarm?

If you prefer ZoneAlarm as your Firewall, downgrading to Bitdefender Antivirus Plus would be my recommendation. Although with Windows 7, the default Windows Firewall is sufficient and manageable.

VirusTotal may be good tools for checking individual files, but to scan your PC you could use Malwarebytes Free as your on-demand scanner.

Nope i don't use ZoneAlarm while Bitdefender Firewall is active., i know win 7 firewall is good but i just added a note that i control from 1 point.

And Malwarebytes is a premium tool, and why to spend when virustotal works great.

devx

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
MrExplorer said:
Is there any Slow down because of BDTS.

Nope not so noticeable, though my machine is high-end so i tried on low-config and yes there was a performance lag.

P.S: Every anti-virus use resources and makes performance little lagy than before, and BDTS performs well in-comparison to others except Norton 360. (My personal Exp.)

You can visit my config. post on which i have tested.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
devx said:
Nope not so noticeable, though my machine is high-end so i tried on low-config and yes there was a performance lag.

P.S: Every anti-virus use resources and makes performance little lagy than before, and BDTS performs well in-comparison to others except Norton 360. (My personal Exp.)

Nope every security product gives bad impact on PC. You can try ESET Smart Security, Comodo Internet Security 6 etc.

devx

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
MrExplorer said:
Earth mean to say that use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free as ondemand scanner

Oops i got it now, thanks.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
You can read this thread.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Antivirus-Coding-used-on-MalwareTips-New-Members

devx

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
MrExplorer said:
devx said:

Nope every security product gives bad impact on PC. You can try ESET Smart Security, Comodo Internet Security 6 etc.

If you talk about internet security only, then i would say there are lighter than ALL IN ONE versions and BDTS is not at all light, the size itself is 300 MB approx., it has more features and so consumes more.

I have tried the other softwares too including ESET and Comodo and yes they are not so heavy on resource usage.

devx

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
MrExplorer said:
You can read this thread.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Antivirus-Coding-used-on-MalwareTips-New-Members

Nice, but BDTS is missing...

devx

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
MrExplorer said:
I added it now only check the thread again give the rating to the Thread.

I still can't see, anyways kudos...:)

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Whenever you see the older post reload the page then you will be able to see it.

Thanks. :)

devx

Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2013
MrExplorer said:
Whenever you see the older post reload the page then you will be able to see it.

Thanks. :)

Oh many thanks, i didn't know that.....:dodgy:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.