dhwan's Security Config

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Hello @dhwan
My name is FireShootSK and i help you improve your config:
  • Have you enabled UAC? UAC can safe your PC.
  • 3 AVs? Select only one.
  • Remove AdBlock Plus and install uBlock.
  • Install Https everywhere to your browser.
  • if you want test samples install sandboxie or Virtual Machine
  • Install LastPass and PrivaZer
Thanks for share your config.
Sayonara ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider one real time protection solution.One Security Suite and 2 AV's is not necessary as others have pointed out
Probably could do without Spyshelter & TinyWall if you are running ESS 8
Personally I would keep ESS 8.
Get rid of Baidu & Panda AV. Spyshelter and TinyWall.
Make sure UAC is enabled and you are updated to SP1

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Good configuration, but I suggest you to unistall Baidu Antivirus and Eset Smart Security 8, Panda Antivirus and install Avira Free 2015 + BitDefender 60 Virus Scanner ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In reality check Panda AV Free seems working fine in some AV but does it help? No because it will cause stability issue due to their resource usage; same goes to Baidu AV as ESET Smart Security is fine with proper configuration. ;)

Keyscrambler can be your alternative to anti keylogger component where you type securely and encrypted.

Reactions: scot

dhwan

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
In reality check Panda AV Free seems working fine in some AV but does it help? No because it will cause stability issue due to their resource usage; same goes to Baidu AV as ESET Smart Security is fine with proper configuration. ;)

Keyscrambler can be your alternative to anti keylogger component where you type securely and encrypted.

it mean you say that spyshelter not good, isn't right?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
it mean you say that spyshelter not good, isn't right?

I didn't say its not a good product, I've just mentioned the alternative because you have already ESS and Keysrambler is more on encrypting your types than alerts like HIPS from Spyshelter. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.