Solved Did Acer disable my bluetooth

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
This morning I performed a factory restore on my Acer laptop using a factory restore flash drive I created when I got it. This is about an hour and a half process and at the half way point Acer begins to install the drivers and bloatware indicating what it's installing for each one, 78 installations total. At install #75 it shows this "Installing (DPOP) Disable Bluetooth Signal" :alien: and sure enough when it's up and running you wouldn't even know it had a bluetooth module but it does, I just had Windows 10 running on it before this reinstall and the bluetooth worked fine.

I received this computer (unbootable) from a relative last Oct., it was 3 yrs old then and would probably have came standard with Windows 10 but it had Windows 7 so she probably ordered it that way, maybe not wanting bluetooth? Here is a link to this laptop models support page, Product support I use bluetooth to connect to my speakers and would sorely miss them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:cry:

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
The device manager shows no problems in fact it doesn't show a Bluetooth module. It's a combination adapter, Wifi and Bluetooth so maybe uninstall the Wifi driver and reinstall and see what happens?

Edit: Sorry upnorth I didn't notice the link was to a tool, I'll have a look and get back, Thanks.

Reactions: frogboy and upnorth
Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The manual : https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Document/User Manual/User Manual_Acer_1.0_A_A.zip?acerid=635410120063759968&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE E3-111&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Quote page 38 : " Bluetooth on your computer is disabled by default. To enable your computer’s Bluetooth adapter, do the following:
  1. Open the Charms and select Settings > Change PC Settings > PC and devices > Bluetooth, or press the Windows key + <W> and then type ’ Wireless ’; in the results, click on Bluetooth settings.
  2. Click the toggle next to Bluetooth to enable/disable it.
  3. Your computer will automatically start searching for devices, as well as make itself visible to other devices. "

Last edited:
Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Was unsure what a " Charm " is so I had to check that in the manual. Quote " Charms allow you to perform useful functions, such as sharing content, turning off your PC or changing settings. How do I access the charms? Move your cursor into the upper right-hand corner of the screen. "

Must ofcourse be possible to access the bluetooth settings elsewhere even if the Charm aint available.

Reactions: vtqhtr413
Upvote 0

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Sad to hear! If no solution is found you could simply get a external usb bluetooth adapter that you plug in and should work the same as the internal built-in.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.