Moto G7 Power
Infected device issues
None
Steps taken to remove the infection
Scanned with Bitdefender and Avast

Lucard

Thread author
Mar 7, 2022
I got an email supposedly from Microsoft Bing, and using my Android device, I ended up clicking the thumbs down icon to unsubscribe. Only after that did I think it might be a fake email.

The email address is hello@email.bing.com.

After clicking on the icon I was taken to the site with the following URL: bingemail2.azureedge.net

Using the desktop (Windows 11) and placing the mouse cursor over the same icon (I didn't click on it this time), the URL that appears starts with https://www.bing.com/email/click/... (and continues ).

I don't know why on Android an URL appears (already after clicking) and on the desktop a different one appears (on hover).

I use Bitdefender Mobile Security and I noticed a message at the bottom of the screen when I clicked on the link, but it wasn't an alert message blocking the screen. It was a quick message, like the ones that appear after scanning a new app, but I couldn't read it.

I didn't fill out any form and I didn't even notice any downloads at the time.

I wonder if it is a fake email. And if so, could my device be compromised? According to a scan done with Bitdefender (paid) and Avast (free), there is no infection.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 94654

After clicking on the icon I was taken to the site with the following URL: bingemail2.azureedge.net
This is a legit Microsoft URL (Bing is hosted on Azure resources): Bingemail2.azureedge.net Safe? Check it Now | URLVoid

You can call the 1-800 number given here and talk to them about it: Whois Lookup Captcha
I got an email supposedly from Microsoft Bing, and using my Android device, I ended up clicking the thumbs down icon to unsubscribe. Only after that did I think it might be a fake email.

The email address is hello@email.bing.com.
This is a legit Microsoft Bing domain email.

You can call the 1-800 number given here and talk to them about it: Whois bing.com

Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.