Advice Request Did you delete your LastPass account after the new changes?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Did you delete your LastPass account after the new changes for Free users?

• Yes, I closed my LastPass account

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • No, I upgraded to LastPass Premium for full features

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No, I have continued with LastPass Free on Android/iOS only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have continued with LastPass Free on Desktop Browsers

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Still rolling with the desktop version and satisfied. Only actual notable change was a small advertise note about getting their premium version, but since I closed that it hasn't returned. Personal I strongly doubt I suddenly would switch, unless the owners removed the free service completely.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I used LastPass for a few years up until BitWarden became a viable replacement as my main password manager on of my all devices, I think this was about 2 years ago. I'm not a big user of sites that need authentification on a phone, so not using LastPass there is no big deal to me. I've kept my LastPass account for desktop use as an option should there be an issue with using BitWarden. I've used most of the better known password managers, RoboForm was the first one I used extensively, probably from 2004 onwards, for a few years. LastPass seemed reliable and had the features I wanted, but I liked BitWarden more due to it being opensource

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
Do you advise me to use it on my android phone?
If you only have the free version of LastPass you have to choose whether you use it either on a desktop, or on a phone, earlier this year LastPass changed their policies and only allow the free version on one type of device.

If you are accessing sites that require passwords and other forms of confirmation that it is you wanting to access your accounts on your phone more than from a different type of device, and you want to keep using LastPass, then it makes sense to use it on your phone. Which password manager you choose to use on what device is really up to you, because of your individual preferences and needs. If you need a password manager on more than one type of device syncing your information between two different managers is not the most simple thing to do, but its not too difficult to do between LastPass and Bitwarden from my experience. However, it would make more sense to use the one brand on all devices IMO.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
Do you advise me to use it on my android phone?
Sure, It still is one of the best password managers.

You could also have two free accounts registered to different email accounts but with identical content to cover both types of devices.
You'd just have to remember to make the same password changes at the same time to both accounts.

Not the most practical but it should work and you can export your password list to make things easier.

Edit.
If you just want to use it on Android only and don't care about or use a Desktop LP Free should be a great option on Android.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of running two free LP accounts then I would look at Bitwarden.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Nevi and ZeePriest

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.