Did you experience slowdown issues in Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
It's my belief that the 100% disk usage at startup is because of Superfetch. Yeah, I hate the disk usage, too, because it slows down my laptop at startup. But I just put my mind at ease because of the benefits that Superfetch gives. :)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
It's my belief that the 100% disk usage at startup is because of Superfetch. Yeah, I hate the disk usage, too, because it slows down my laptop at startup. But I just put my mind at ease because of the benefits that Superfetch gives. :)
Agreed 100% with that. ;)

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
I don't really think it's strange :)
power usage of a desktop is a lot more than a laptop so they are more powerful. Laptop is designed to be more power efficient.
I agree HDD speed is a major factor in PC performance. using i7 with a slow HDD is not good

also for laptop, we have to install tons of drivers and some softwares (audio enhancer, webcam, touchpad, wifi, bluetooth, fingerprint softwares) which will slow down the laptop

Using any OS with very "Slow HDD"" is bad, SSD can revive all old working pc aswell

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
On startup, with Win10, I think that the hybrid start helps a lot with an HDD.

My son's desktop (HDD) was uber long to start with Win7. But with 10, it starts not super fast but very acceptable.
But if he clicks on restart, it makes a "normal" start (not hybrid) and it's looong....

On his notebook, with an SSD, there's no big difference between hybrid and normal start. It's an atom proc and it's running very nice.

M

MSDOS8bit

I've used every iteration of Windows since version 3.1, and i can honestly say it is in my opinion the lightest. The Creators Update also seems to be slightly lighter than the AU. The only slowdowns i occasionally have are caused by SmartScreen when i'm installing a soft.

Reactions: Nuno and XhenEd

Wordward

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
No slowdown issues on my ASUS Notebook with up to date Windows 10. Windows Defender running now. I just uninstalled the latest Avast after using it for a couple of months, and it seems my surfing is faster now. However, this is with Opera. I was using Chrome with Windows Defender before, so I'll have to check that out. But over all speed of my notebook seems the same. File Explorer opens quickly, as does other things like Microsoft Word. I will wait and see about Superfetch though. I haven't had any slowdowns recently due to high CPU usage when first getting on the laptop. Over all, I'm thinking I may just keep WD running for awhile. I also have Zeman Antilogger Pro, and may run it in Realtime with WD to see how things go.

Reactions: frogboy and XhenEd

Nuno

Level 2
Verified
Feb 26, 2016
Regarding general usage speed, I find it lighter than it's predecessors.
However, the start menu seems to take longer to pop up, windows store apps also take some time to open and the login screen is a nightmare as when you input enter the first time, it doesn't accept the password input immediately, so if you start typing fast, it won't accept your first letter inputs and that sort of annoys me
Other than that it's a great OS.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.