Solved Digitalprivacyalert

Bob Neish

Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Okay, keep me updated.
No still there just disappears for a time then returns.
I have as many extensions to block 'pop-ups' on Chrome that I can find - no real help
Do I need to reinstall something??
I run Loaris, Malwarebytes and Zemana and they find nothing

Bob Neish

Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Hello,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

x5o4gh.png

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
These are the new files from the scan

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
  • FRST.txt
    131.1 KB · Views: 2

Bob Neish

Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Maybe it isn't a virus but there is a lot wrong
No task bar icons, very slow - is this a registry/services problem?? I dunno - beyond me

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Let's try this:

TDSSKiller_Kaspersky.png
Scan with TDSSKiller

Please download TDSSKiller by Kaspersky and save it to your desktop.

• Right-click on
    TDSSKiller_Kaspersky.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Click on Change parameters and put a checkmark beside Loaded modules. A reboot will be needed to apply the changes, allow it to do so.
  • Your machine may appear very slow and unusable after that - it's normal.
  • TDSSKiller will run automaticaly. Click on Change parameters and click OK.
  • Click the Start Scan button and wait patiently.

If anything will be found follow this guidelines:
  • If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
    Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
    If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead.
  • Do not choose Delete unless instructed!

A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ drive) in the form of TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt. Please include the contents of that file in your next post.

Bob Neish

Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
Let's try this:

TDSSKiller_Kaspersky.png
Scan with TDSSKiller

Please download TDSSKiller by Kaspersky and save it to your desktop.

• Right-click on
    TDSSKiller_Kaspersky.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Click on Change parameters and put a checkmark beside Loaded modules. A reboot will be needed to apply the changes, allow it to do so.
  • Your machine may appear very slow and unusable after that - it's normal.
  • TDSSKiller will run automaticaly. Click on Change parameters and click OK.
  • Click the Start Scan button and wait patiently.

If anything will be found follow this guidelines:
  • If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
    Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
    If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead.
  • Do not choose Delete unless instructed!

A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ drive) in the form of TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt. Please include the contents of that file in your next post.
OK - didn't seem to find anything

Attachments

• TDSSKiller.3.1.0.15_21.04.2017_20.04.42_log.txt
    609.2 KB · Views: 1

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
You need to be more specific about this issue, I still don't have a clear picture how is it happening.

Is it happening in every browser you visit?
Is it happening on every website you visit? This is important. Try to visit several legit websites, like amazon, ebay, virustotal and let me know if it happens there.
How is it manifested, does it open a new tab, there are some underlined words or it opens a window?
Try to take a picture of it.

Is it happening on other devices on your network?

I can't help you unless you describe the problem with more details.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.