Disable Floating Container Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I assume this is new with the forum upgrade but there are MT tips popping up in the lower right corner; it's distracting. I cannot find an option to turn that off; is there one?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
There is a little close button in upper right corner of the popup message
Screenshot (4).png

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It does not stay on very long either and is a new feature built in to Xenforo.These features are useful to get across information to new and existing members where as previous information might have been overlooked.
Sometimes new features can take a little getting used to but like @BoraMurdar posted above they can be easily closed out

Rolo

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I asked if it could be disabled, not closed.

Besides, I don't have the X to close it as depicted above.

Microsoft thought the same thing with Windows 8 in "getting used to" new "features'. :)

Reactions: arslan ejaz

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've notice that, but its not totally annoying once you dismiss it. Per implementation on that purpose which mainly for us as visitors.

Viewing on mobile format does not show on any cornerns which can be an alternative solution. ;)

Reactions: frogboy
S

Smith83

Perhaps disable them for members with over 80 post, seems like a viable solution.... I too find them a bit on the irritating side.

D

Deleted member 178

Popup message: "umbra, you should do informative posts, not just saying what products you like but explaining why you like it so other members can..."

Umbra: silence ! im mod here! Now feel the power of my Hokuto Shin Ken !! Atatatatataatatatatata !!!

Popup message: hahahaha i felt nothing , u cant block me !!! Wwahahahaha

Umbra: you dont know yet but you are already dead...

Popup message: hahaha stop your nonsense , now i will...arghh...what happening...100010001101100111001110101

Popup exploded in a cloudcof binary code..

:D

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
They sometimes repeat themselves only that thing annoys, otherwise love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.