suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Total Hard Disc partition is disable but in BIOS hard seems to look ok
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
On fresh installation of WIN7 neither Hard disc nor any partitions are available to set up.
My pc has only 320gb Hd and its divided into 4 partitions C,D,E and F . Today I tried to reseize my D and E space and all I did as normal as earlier and it seems to look ok. The worst situation just began Win7 boot as normal but when its logo load in hulf pc took boot it happend continuesly , after 7-8 false booting I tried to repear but could not find any recovery file in HD, after that Inserting Win7 setup disk Disc couldn't find HD again, Tried Chkdsk and Run Safe mode unfotunatly all things went in vain, but in BIOS hard disc was Clearly visible in there . Plz help me otherwise I will be in big trouble . :( :(

Attachments

• IMG-20160515-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20160515-WA0004.jpeg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you create the partitions D, E and F, or were they created by the OS when you first installed or bought the PC?

What software did you use to resize?

Did you check Disk Management to check if D and E contained anything other than the Primary Partition? For example, features from the C drive.

upload_2016-5-15_20-16-22.png

Upvote 0

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
I used AOMEI Partition Assistant [\b] for resized D drive. I couldn't find HD but its failed to boot till now.

Upvote 0

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Did you create the partitions D, E and F, or were they created by the OS when you first installed or bought the PC?

Did you check Disk Management to check if D and E contained anything other than the Primary Partition? For example, features from the C drive.

View attachment 100516
Omg... what are all those Recovery Partitions for?

Upvote 0

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013

View attachment 100516
C is my primary partition, Before AOMEI soft i used default Win Disc management .

Upvote 0

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
By any chance, do you have an AOMEI Boot Disc available? Do you have access to another hard disc, one that can be connected via USB? You might get some success (if the tools in Hiren don't work or you can't try them) in using Data Recovery software.

I've used MiniTool Power Data Recovery, and recovered onto my actual hard disc... and it recovered a hell of a lot. The downside to MTPDR is that you have to purchase a licence to recover more than 1GB. I've seen some people recover files on their laptops by using Piriform Recuva. PR is free to try and use; it offers purchased versions but there is no restriction on file size recovery with this 2nd app, so free is OK.

EDIT 2: I am not sure if your Windows still loads up or not. It wasn't mentioned in your description, so not sure if you are using another PC to post here. The following is relevant if your Windows install does not fully boot.

Looking at the pictures again, can you expand the C block and see if in the (.....) it says Primary Partition. Windows is on C, but if Primary isn't assigned to C, the OS looks for the next Primary, which in your case, is D, followed by E. However, there is no Windows directory on D or E, so you receive an epic fail. Each hard disc can have up to and including 3 Primary Partitions. Soooo, if "Primary Partition" isn't mentioned in the C: block, we would need a way to assign Primary Partition status back to C.

There is also one more thing to consider... which of the Primary Partitions is set to "active". If there is more than one active PP, then all hell will break loose... I guess the same applies if there is no active partition? The active partition should contain the Boot Loader, Boot Files of your OS, along with the Windows Location (looks like this is all C). Without knowing what is in the rest of the brackets in C block, my best guess at this point in time is that you will have to use DISKPART via Safe Mode.

EDIT 1: I held back on giving a comment on 3rd party partition managers. Just sayin' (even though I have a licence for one)... lmao

There is also a way to set active partition via MSConfig, but I will wait to hear from you first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

Alkajak

Upvote 0

suma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
A big thank you to every one .. After hard work of 5hrs Successfully recover all my data. Hiren Boot CD is help me a lot. Due to little knowledge of Dynamic , unknowingly delete all the boot file while re-sized my D:\ drive , as the reason HD turned offline and disable all its partition (C:\, D:\, E:\, and F:\) How ever thanks to MalwareTips members who were ready when I asked for help..

Attachments

• bb.PNG
    bb.PNG
    82.2 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.