Not open for further replies.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi all,
in this thread I want to share with you this simply extension, avalaible for Mozilla Firefox, which can disable Pocket, Reader, Hello and WebRTC bloatware; and obviously this is important for mantain our browser faster, cleaner and safer.

LINK: https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/disable-hello-pocket-reader/?src=cb-dl-created

620266-64.png

Reactions: Oxygen and LabZero

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
You can do this manually.
Type about:config in the address bar.

browser.pocket.enabled change value from true to false. (disable pocket)
loop.enabled change value from true to false. (disable hello)
reader.parse-on-load.enabled change value from true to false.(disable reader)
media.peerconnection.enabled change value from true to false. (disable WebRTC)
Thanks for the reply ;)
But I wanted to share this extension because it is a new extension, so I wanted to make a simply review of it :)

Reactions: karatz

Vipersd

Level 6
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
Extension to disable another extension or plugin is functional but still not the way it should be done.

Earning money makes Mozilla putting more and more garbage inside Firefox and turning it to non functional peace of bloatware. At least make this new features optional so people can uninstall it like other extensions if they don't want it.

Reactions: JM Safe
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.