Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Below.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None.
Windows Network Diagnostics
Publisher details
Issues found
One or more network protocols are missing on this computer
Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.
Not fixed
Restore network protocols to default settings
Completed
Issues found
One or more network protocols are missing on this computer
Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Internet is hard-wired through a TP-Link TL-WPA4220T KIT from upstairs coming down to a basement.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Try the link @Klipsh provided.

If you believe that this problem extends to other system issues, you can also preliminarily try the sfc /scannow command in a Command Prompt with administrative rights.

EDIT: You may also try running the following commands, one by one, in a Command Prompt with administrator privileges:
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

nbtstat -R

nbtstat -RR

netsh int reset all

netsh int ipv4 reset

netsh int ipv6 reset

netsh winsock reset

After you've run each of the above commands, reboot your PC and see if the issue persists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

Alkajak

Thread author
Upvote 0
A

Alkajak

Thread author
Ended up restoring from image to fix the issue. I think the issue is the hardware (powerline) because the internet from the ISP modem/router itself never drops connection. Is the only solution to buy a new powerline kit?

Reactions: Rishi
Upvote 0
A

Alkajak

Thread author
If you continue to have problems, you can try to reset your powerline adapters and then they need to be paired.

Already done many times. 2 hours later, back to the same issue. Happens every 15 minutes when I'm idle on the desktop (I lose WiFi on my phone too). When I'm actively watching a stream or playing a game that requires the internet, I get no disconnects at all.

Troubleshooting through Windows results in one of two things: "Resetting Ethernet Adapter" which works sometimes, otherwise it returns no solutions found. The other is the "Missing Protocol".

Reactions: Rishi
Upvote 0
L

LabZero

Thread author
Already done many times. 2 hours later, back to the same issue. Happens every 15 minutes when I'm idle on the desktop (I lose WiFi on my phone too). When I'm actively watching a stream or playing a game that requires the internet, I get no disconnects at all.

Troubleshooting through Windows results in one of two things: "Resetting Ethernet Adapter" which works sometimes, otherwise it returns no solutions found. The other is the "Missing Protocol".
Unfortunately I had a bad experience with powerline, if despite the procedure they do not work I think it can be a hw problem.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.