Not open for further replies.

Alexc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 17, 2015
pGQDMOa.jpg

Another bug :)

Is the bug the window being full screen?

Reactions: Piteko21

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
One data point in time showing RAM usage is not conclusive of anything; you need a trend and a context.

That is one odd notification "bar"! My annoyance with it is I'm constantly getting "new notification" indicator in the systray but there aren't any new notifications.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
fresh install will works better than an upgrade.

Hibernate option not showing.
WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS_17072015_184212.jpg

Some updates did not got installed.

So windows 10 is buggy

Last edited:

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Are you logged in with an admin account? The dialog text tells me otherise.

try:
powercfg -h off
reboot
powercfg -h on

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
one big mistake windows 10 did is they again changed the file association method.

Whenever an application tries to be default app, this windows shows up but no file association takes place

windows 10 file association.jpg

This will be headache for many users

Sloth

Level 5
Verified
Jun 24, 2015
fresh install will works better than an upgrade.

Hibernate option not showing.

Some updates did not got installed.

So windows 10 is buggy

If you are using a legit copy of windows 7/8/8.1 then you should do an upgrade first and then do a fresh install. If you try to do a fresh install without upgrading first, then the activation will fail.

VirusAttak

Level 4
Verified
Aug 31, 2014
Installed yesterday now downgraded to 8.1 on my main machine, this is not yet ready to use as a daily driver.
  • Black screen at login screen (sometimes more than 5 mins )
  • Taskbar takes time to load all icons/pinned icons
  • sometimes start menu shows only one or two items(re-opening start menu can fix it )
  • Last drivers most of drivers not yet officially supported
I'll wait for final release until then I'm happy to use it on my poor old Desktop.

Reactions: frogboy and JD15

Alexc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 17, 2015
So,I've installed it,not getting any bugs,it's been more stable than 8.1 on my machine for some reason

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
one big mistake windows 10 did is they again changed the file association method.

@viktik It depends. :)

Bad thing is that Microsoft force a lot of users to use default apps like Edge browser etc... Then from online statistics you can soon see that Edge usage increase and so on. "This will be headache for many users" - I agree.

Good thing is that malicious apps can't replace default apps so easily anymore. User must set default app manually via Settings. If you randomly notice Default app screen message by Windows then you know that something strange is going on.

Regards,
Kardo

Reactions: Secondmineboy

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Windows 10 is shipping trough Windows update we all know that, yet while this is a official release, many things will change in the next few weeks.
Remember after the release of Windows 7? nearly 1+GB worth of updates within the next 2 months, fixing stability issues, software compatibility and driver related issues next to a butt-load of security fixes, patches and other improvements.
Windows 10 is so much different from Windows 8 and even more then Windows 7, somethings are new somethings are improved and some things are added to Windows 10 yet it has not been properly tested by MS OS clients around the world, since every PC has its own config, settings and preferences. So all you guys having problems, just chill down allows MS some time to have their W10 release settle and cooldown.
So many rumors and opinions about Windows 10 preview builds and such, every PC blog tech has their say, Youtube is nearly exploded with review video's and virtually every techzine type of website is posting news about their findings of Windows 10.
While all good and to some degree usefull, none really knows how Windows 10 is going to act, perform and handles daily routines.
Remember Windows 7 Longhorn? it entered development phase in what? 2003? See how many years it did take for Windows 7 to mature and become stable, secure and performance tuned.
How many people did "bitch" back then about how crappy Windows 7 would be? And see now many years later and most of us are running Windows 7 knowing that Windows 7 has become the second best OS that MS every produced (After NT)
Windows 10 is literally hours old in terms of mass release, so all these techie guys and users claiming all kinds of things do not know "#####" as we still have many years ahead before we all can judge if W10 is really as good as MS claims or bad as being claimed by millions of online sources.
Yet the raw fact is that Windows 10 is bringing many new functions, options and standards some good some average and some bad/useless, however you guys know i hate MS with a passion yet i got to give them credit for Windows 10 and the concept behind it.
They claim that this will be the FINAL windows release and that future modifications and builds will be distributed by the update function.
And that on its own is a REALLY REALLY good thing, as the biggest flaw of MS always has been that when they finally got a reasonable build running on their clients then they "create" a new OS, rendering MANY security, performance and program innovations useless to some degree, giving hackers, crackers and other criminals the ability to use their own tech against them.
With Windows 10 this could change as the whole windows core is setup differently with that some of the biggest incurable security flaws are still not fixed but since they changed so much around those security flaws will for a large part become history.

My point is that Windows 10 is just like a new kid on the block that has to proof itself, new options, new functions, new problems yet the difference is that Windows 10 is as mentioned before very different from other versions and that is probably its biggest plus.
The whole windows hive idea should have been rethink-ed since windows XP because back then MS did already have lots of troubles with malware and such but it really got crazy when XP got released, specially their Home version could have been regarded as malware itself.
With Windows 10 the whole concept of the OS engine, hive and structure has changed for the better as everyone has been saying since windows 2000, so in that regard MS did learn.
I am not trying to sound positive or negative for that matter, but people just need to calm down and give it some time for the dust to settle down and then see Windows 10 for what it really is.

Is it a crappy release? Is it a average release? is it great? None knows till the fat lady sings...
So just give it time so it can mature, however i will say that early MS tech info news about Windows 10 has been pretty promising from a security, performance, stability and development POV.
And i for one look forward to what they have done.

Kind Regards,
Nico

D

Deleted member 178

such a pleasant thing to read a huge block of text at midnight :p :D

i agree with you, it is too early to give any decent & constructive opinions about Win10.

Alexc

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 17, 2015
Hello again,
I've done a clean install of Windows 10 from the official iso,immediately after I looked to see if candy crush was built in so I can delete it but I can't find it.Did anybody actually get candy crush with the OS?

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello everyone, I mention my experience one day with Windows 10, I love it but had a problem, I currently have 300 MG speed Internet with Windows 10 only had 94 MG, and updated drivers for the motherboard drivers Windows 10 and all, I relentizaba internet, call my company did everything they told me, router, cable change update drivers, disable antivirus, ALL etc etc and the end I think, will be Windows 10 and effectively running Windows 7 or everything works normally, and I have my 300 mg again, I said if someone else happens to know that is not the only, take care friends.

Reactions: Piteko21

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I'm still on the build 10240 RTM. I have no idea if this is different than the final version but it is a clean install and has been working flawless. I don't get no black screens during login, my connection speed is showing my full speed during speed tests, all my hardware got drivers automatically downloaded and installed when Windows 10 did it's first setup after logging in. I've got no BSOD's ever and all my updates are installed. I have experienced that weird full screen when clicking the battery icon like above however. But that's a minor bug and don't really bother me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.