Discussion of Windows 10 Build 10240

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Good thing is that malicious apps can't replace default apps so easily anymore. User must set default app manually via Settings. If you randomly notice Default app screen message by Windows then you know that something strange is going on.
I hate it. If I wanted to do things manually, I'd run linux. This should be a security setting rather than what they've done.

Reactions: Kardo Kristal

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
I hate it. If I wanted to do things manually, I'd run linux. This should be a security setting rather than what they've done.

@Rolo

Yeah. I agree. When you install other browser and want to set it as default browser then every time you must have to dig in Settings. Fortunately it takes only few clicks but it may be problem for beginners/novice users. :D

Regards,
Kardo

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Malware Man : Well that's should be pretty stable, RTM/RC are fully already stable with very minimal bug present where its been really tested for productive systems already. ;)

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
@Malware Man : Well that's should be pretty stable, RTM/RC are fully already stable with very minimal bug present where its been really tested for productive systems already. ;)
Thanks for the info! :) So far it's been really stable. As long as it doesn't BSOD, I see no reason to download the official ISO. I checked the activation in CMD with a command and it states that it is permanently activated. If I ever have to reinstall for whatever reason I will of course use the official ISO.

D

Deleted member 178

you don't get it , you have to install it, the tile is just a proposition to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.