Disgusted with Kaspersky!

Has Kaspersky ever claimed your product(s) were Expired, when you still had time left?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz-Or

Thread author
Sep 7, 2012
Can someone Please give me a suggestion to another Security Suite. For the past 4 years I have used and recommend, and referred Kaspersky.

I've had issues with them from when they made me lose over 54 passwords because they sold it off, then:

I discovered I had no protection on any of my computers (or network) for about 4 or 5 days while I was in the hospital, because they said my License was Expired, but I had over 400~470 days left! (that's now resolved .. but the last straw was:

I caught a virus, that Kaspersky couldn't find, (for 3 weeks) ... When I realized something was wrong, I downloaded MS's Free MSE (Security Essentials) and it found them, Killed them, and I haven't had a problem since!

I don't know why I'm paying these guys! I have over 30 emails to them in the past year ... Now the cherry on the cake and final straw was ...
Thats my rant. The reason I put it in here is in the event someone else is going through this - you can realize your not the only one!

(chanting: class action suit; class action suit; class action suit,...)

Besides Kaspersky - WHO HAS AN EXCELLENT PRODUCT OUT THERE PLEASE?​
I just want to move on with my life. - Thank You

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
well that all depends on whether you want a paid Security suite or a free one.What OS are you running?There are many choices both free and paid as well as many different configurations available.If Mse performed well for you then I wouldnt see a problem sticking with that.

Comodo Internet Security is a good free suite.

Paid are many and how they perform depends on your individual system.You can follow this link for many reviews of Security software http://malwaretips.com/Forum-The-Community-Video-Reviews

The best way is to try a few out on your system and see for yourself how they perform as most have 30 day trials of their paid software

D

Deleted member 178

i had a giveaway from them but i can't even use the license because it was for another region...

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
Raz-Or said:
sold it off, then:
I caught a virus, that Kaspersky couldn't find, (for 3 weeks) ...

If this is your main concern than i m sorry to say all the anti-virus out there will miss something or the other.

Kaspersky is known for one of the best detection rate,
I won't recommend using MSE, since i never had good results with it,
you can continue using Kaspersky for real time purpose and download MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro, for on-demand scanning (once a week at least) which should be sufficient to detect MOST (Not 100%)

Comodo Internet Security is a good free alternative only if you are an advance user.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Did you check that your pc's system time & date were correct?

Raz-Or

Thread author
Sep 7, 2012
Viking said:
Did you check that your pc's system time & date were correct?

That is a very good point, but yes, I did.
(Sometimes its the easiest things that can give us the most grief, like a wrong date.)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Personally I presently use Kis 2013 on 3 PC's and CIS on windows 8 on a dual boot.I have always thought KIS performed very well for me and have never had a licensing problem or have I ever had to contact customer support.So I cannot really comment on that part of it but I feel you have a valid complaint given your situation

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Comodo Internet Security. Just add a Bitdefender Trafficlight or Mcafee site advisor too it. You are like me. I have been disgusted by Kaspersky due to its high resource usage. You made a good choice to dump it.
In paid suites you can use Norton or Bitdefender. But give comodo a go first. I too use it.

Raz-Or

Thread author
Sep 7, 2012
madyrocksin said:
Raz-Or said:
sold it off, then:
I caught a virus, that Kaspersky couldn't find, (for 3 weeks) ...

If this is your main concern than i m sorry to say all the anti-virus out there will miss something or the other.

Kaspersky is known for one of the best detection rate,
I won't recommend using MSE, since i never had good results with it,
you can continue using Kaspersky for real time purpose and download MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro, for on-demand scanning (once a week at least) which should be sufficient to detect MOST (Not 100%)

Comodo Internet Security is a good free alternative only if you are an advance user.

I realize Kaspersky is one of the best out there. That is why I picked them (at the time), about 8 yrs ago it was Norton, and so on ...

I also realize that even the best Anti Virus isn't going to be 100% - 100% of the time. However, as you could see, my issue was not in the quality of their product, it was in their administrative and support.

Its funny you say that you wouldn't use the MSE, because that's whats on my computer right now, and Ive double checked against a couple other ones, and it has done an awesome job for me. Having had to quarantine several items in the past 2 mos.

I'm getting a little leary about a FREE Product. I don't mind paying for PEACE OF MIND. What really bothers me is WHY do they make these products so they demand EXCLUSIVITY on our machines? Seems to me they don't want to be double checked, or stood up by the competition! (but that's another rant about the whole industry)

Or are they saying you can not use 2 or even three products (if they are like totally paranoid lol)

Raz-Or

Thread author
Sep 7, 2012
madyrocksin said:
Raz-Or said:

Thanks! ... Ill give that a whirl in the meanwhile, but Im a firm believer in you get what you pay for. Sometimes we need a month or so to get enough beans together - Its times like that I like to try out stuff.

Raz-Or

Thread author
Sep 7, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
i had a giveaway from them but i can't even use the license because it was for another region...

Thanks for the Thought anyways!

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
You can try Bitdefender IS. There is going to be a giveaway soon. I will also be hosting some giveaways on my site you can check them or MT may also have some lined up dont know. Else pay for Norton or BDIS.
Others maybe you can try Emsisoft Internet security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.