divinenews config thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

divinenews

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 26, 2012
I have traditionally used comodo firewall, but recently have had trouble with it's latest version. I am watching their forum board for user info, but there are still a lot of troubling accounts as of this date. Also, uninstalling when they put out a new updated version that malfunctions has been impossible for me in the last year, so I don't know what to do.

I hear ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 2017 is a great firewall, but it does not work well with many anti-malwares. Does anyone know if it works with Emsisoft Anti-malware?

Thank you,
Elijah Gale.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Suggestions:
  • Set UAC to Always Notify
  • Having four real-time solutions running at the same time is unnecessary. I'd suggest keeping Emsisoft and pairing it with either Zemana or SecureAPlus (SuperAntiSpyware's detection rate is absolutely awful which is why I don't recommend using it)
  • Switch AdBlock Plus to either uBlock Origin or Adguard (both provide better blocking by default and have lower memory usage overall)
  • Add HTTPS Everywhere to your browser(s)
What troubles have you been having with Comodo Firewall?
ZoneAlarm is another good option for a 3rd-party firewall. There's also SpyShelter Firewall although I've never used it myself so I can't comment on it.
You might also consider using something along the lines of Windows Firewall Control which is popular among those who wish to have fine-grain control over Windows Firewall.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Last edited:

Rengar

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Overkill and im sure you are gonna have conflicts with so many realtime programmes.
Keep EAM, uninstall SecureAplus and SAS(the good old SAS :( ).

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Have you considered migrating to Windows 10?
Consider eliminating SAS Pro.
EAM & ZAL would be fine or just EAM on it's own and ZAL as on demand.
Secure config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Remove SAS.
How do you have Bitdefender as an on demand scanner?
Tbh I would simply uninstalling all this huge amount of security programs which may conflict and just keep EAM and ZAM.
Thanks for sharing.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
WinUtilities Pro, Iobit Advanced System Care Pro, Glary Utilities Pro, do not lead to actual performance improvements, and they can potentially cause stability problems.
My suggestion, use just CCleaner, more than enough for a reliable maintenance.

Reactions: frogboy

divinenews

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 26, 2012
I have taken off all security programs except Emsisoft and Zamana Anti-logger.
Thank you guys for your help.

P.S. Would you suggest voodooshield as an addition?

Reactions: MalwareTracker
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.