May 22, 2024
How it's used?
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
On-device encryption
N/A
Log-in security
    • Biometrics (Windows Hello PIN, TouchID, Face, Iris, Fingerprint)
Security updates
Allow security updates
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Access Control
Always notify
Smart App Control
On
Network firewall
N/A
About WiFi router
HotSpot from smartphone
Real-time security
Windows Security
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Windows Security Hardering on High settings with ConfigureDefender by Andy Ful
Malwarebytes Windows Firewall on Low filtering
Kaspersky Antiransomware for Home
Periodic malware scanners
N/A
Malware sample testing
I do participate in malware testing. See details about my testing environment below.
Environment for malware testing
I rare test samples in VMWARE with internet off
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla Firefox ESR
Sponsorblock for youtube
Youtube nonstop
Return Youtube Dislike
Ublock origin
Bitwarden
Secure DNS
Nextdns
Desktop VPN
N/A
Password manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
Windows disk cleanup
Windows defrag (automatic)
File and Photo backup
N/A
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
N/A
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Buying from online stores, entering banks card details
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
Computer specs
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 cores 12 threads up to 4.4GHz 16MB L3
RAM Kingston Fury 3200MHz dual-channel
NVME: Silicon Power A55 512GB (OS)
SSD SATA 3: Silicon Power A55 512GB
HDD SATA3: WDC WD5000LPVX 512GB
What I'm looking for?

Looking for maximum feedback.

Notes by Staff Team
  1. This setup configuration does not have a backup plan. We strongly recommend to add a backup solution for your data so that you can restore it in the case of an emergency.
    Backing up allows the recovery of data that has been lost due of a malware attack (eg. ransomware) or a hard disk crash. In such events you might lose family photos, your music collection, documents, or financial data. Backups are fast and simple to perform so it should be done on a regular basis.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hi, welcome and thanks for sharing:

* Network firewall: no firewall in router enabled?
* Periodic malware scanners: any 3rd party Second Opinion Scanner would be we welcome.
* File and Photo backup, at least, a copy to external device would be welcome, also You can use here a cloud service: DropBox, Google Drive, One Drive, Mega, etc.
* System recovery: a full system image backup solution would be welcome here: AOMEI, Macrium, Acronins, Hasleo, etc.

DJ Stylbator

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 23, 2020
Hi, welcome and thanks for sharing:

* Network firewall: no firewall in router enabled?
* Periodic malware scanners: any 3rd party Second Opinion Scanner would be we welcome.
* File and Photo backup, at least, a copy to external device would be welcome, also You can use here a cloud service: DropBox, Google Drive, One Drive, Mega, etc.
* System recovery: a full system image backup solution would be welcome here: AOMEI, Macrium, Acronins, Hasleo, etc.
I share the internet from the phone. I dont have IPS at home.

DJ Stylbator

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 23, 2020
What about the other points?
I do not use malware scanners because i download only in popular website samples for music production. One a month i use backup from PC to smartphone via USB or make it a .zip file and uploaded in Google Drive and after preinstall (maybe one or two a year) i downloaded it again.

Reactions: harlan4096

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There are hundreds of 'Windows Security' solutions, which one are you referring to?

One a month i use backup from PC to smartphone via USB or make it a .zip file and uploaded in Google Drive and after preinstall (maybe one or two a year) i downloaded it again.
What kind of files do you backup to USB/Google Drive?

If they are documents and spreadsheets, switching to Google Docs can streamline the process, as there is no need to manually compress and upload.

Is that a 4G or 5G Hotspot connection?

Reactions: harlan4096

DJ Stylbator

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 23, 2020
There are hundreds of 'Windows Security' solutions, which one are you referring to?
ConfigureDefender Andy Ful
What kind of files do you backup to USB/Google Drive?

If they are documents and spreadsheets, switching to Google Docs can streamline the process, as there is no need to manually compress and upload.
Yes, Only Documents.
Is that a 4G or 5G Hotspot connection?
4G

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
If You run a basic documents backup, why did You not point it in field form: File and Photo backup?

Reactions: Berny

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.