Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Qihoo 360 AV all protecciont enabled
Firewall privatefirewall 7.0 tweak to max.
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Adwcleaner, Rogue Killer
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Vivaldi with Nano adblocker, PoperBlocker duck and go privacy essentials.
Maintenance tools
HDcleaner, autoruns.
File and Photo backup
Macrium reflect ( always last version when update ) moving to external hhd.
System recovery
Macrium Reflect
Risk factors
    • Gaming
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
NONE

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Hello @dJim , I suggest you to add ZAM Free for Virus and Malware Removal tools.

Thanks for sharing.
ZAM ? zemana ? to be real theadwcleaner + what i know from autoruns+ hd cleaner + good habits is enougth, thanks for advice anyway.

Reactions: harlan4096

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
ZAM ? zemana ? to be real theadwcleaner + what i know from autoruns+ hd cleaner + good habits is enougth, thanks for advice anyway.
Zemana uses innovative and new technologies to detect malware and new threats with powerful security features. ZAM 3.0 is still in Beta but it is improving a lot: security, scan speed, protection, registry enumeration bugs fixed, a better hollow process detection. Glad to give you advices :)

Reactions: harlan4096 and dJim

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Zemana uses innovative and new technologies to detect malware and new threats with powerful security features. ZAM 3.0 is still in Beta but it is improving a lot: security, scan speed, protection, registry enumeration bugs fixed, a better hollow process detection. Glad to give you advices :)
Will you recomend Zemana 3 VS malwarebytes ? also i will redo the config when new win 10 build goes out ( stable V ofc )

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Nice conf :)
Does privatefirewall work well on Windows 10 ?

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Will you recomend Zemana 3 VS malwarebytes ? also i will redo the config when new win 10 build goes out ( stable V ofc )
I'd recommend both, as both products now catch different threats, ZAM for everything else, MBAM for Adware, PUPs & Hijacks.

As this setup goes, you do not need anything else to add as all 4 layers are protected, thanks for sharing.

~LDogg

Last edited:

dJim

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Update:
Windows may 2019
" Thinking on change av and firewall free with full custom options " any tips will be apreciated, thanks all.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Only suggestion is to not use Private Firewall. It's no longer developed, with last update in 2013. WFC, Sphinx W10 Firewall Control or Simplewall if you want more control than WFW. Add AV of your choice.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.