barlowclan

New Member
I am going out on a limb here and assuming I have gotten a hold of the Powliks virus? My son started using my laptop recently, and when I logged on this evening it is running like a turd. I open task manager and close to 20 com surrogate processes are running. I hope you can help me in layman terms.

Thanks in advance for any help. I tried quite a few self help fixes before reaching out.
 

Attachments

1. Open notepad and copy/paste the text present inside the code box below.
To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad.
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system
Code:
Start
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-3823894106-1721771606-1491757657-1000_Classes\CLSID\{AB8902B4-09CA-4bb6-B78D-A8F59079A8D5}\localserver32 -> rundll32.exe javascript:"\..\mshtml,RunHTMLApplication ";eval("epdvnfou/xsjuf)(=tdsjqu!mbohvbhf>ktds (the data entry has 247 more characters). <==== Poweliks?
HKU\S-1-5-21-3823894106-1721771606-1491757657-1000\...\RunOnce: [JavaInstallRetry] => RUNONCE=1 SPONSORS=0 SPONSORS=0
HKU\S-1-5-21-3823894106-1721771606-1491757657-1000\...\MountPoints2: {214672ab-c49d-11e1-a4e5-e02a8235d965} - H:\MotoCastSetup.exe -a
HKU\S-1-5-21-3823894106-1721771606-1491757657-1000\...A8F59079A8D5}\localserver32: rundll32.exe javascript:"\..\mshtml,RunHTMLApplication ";eval("epdvnfou/xsjuf)(=tdsjqu!mbohvbhf>ktds (the data entry has 239 more characters). <==== Poweliks!
C:\fd506dabe4ece72cde72b318735e
EmptyTemp:
End
2. Save notepad as fixlist.txt to your Desktop.
NOTE: => It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.
3. Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needed a restart please make sure you let the system to restart normally and let the tool completes its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
Note: If the tool warned you about the outdated version please download and run the updated version.




============== Next ================




Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished click on the Clean button.

Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
  • After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
  • Post logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
 
So, it looks like everything is fixed. I will definitely be sending you some funds for a brew on me. If the fixlog shows I need more repairs, please advise.

One other question.....I have never used an antivirus on my computers. Now that my kids are older and so much is connected and vulnerable, I probably should. Any suggestions on the best antivirus/protection that runs smoothly and is not obtrusive in any way? We currently have 3 laptops, 3 pcs, 4 tablets, and a few other mobile devices.

Thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

I have Avast free, ok antivirus.



• The following will implement some post-cleanup procedures:

=> Please download DelFix by Xplode to your Desktop.

Run the tool and check the following boxes below;
checkmark.png
Remove disinfection tools
checkmark.png
Create registry backup
checkmark.png
Purge System Restore

Click Run button and wait a few seconds for the programme completes his work.
At this point all the tools we used here should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.


Greeting!
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top