zoncaster
New Member
So my laptop has been running slow lately and I found out in my task manager that COM Surrogate has been running in the background so I tried to turned it off but it kept turning itself on. Also I tried to install Bit Defender total security and ran a scan and it found Hijack.host file all over the place and other infected files, I did delete them but I still having viruses and the file COM Surrogate is still appearing in my Task manager. So today I took my laptop somewhere to get it fixed but still having the same issue but this time my Windows Defender got disabled and I can't even turn it back on and I can't get access to administrator to delete the file and also Windows Smartscreen was turned off and locked so I don't know if this caused by virus but I scanned the system with Bit Defender again and it found Trojan file. I already scanned my laptop with FRST but I'm scared to post it on here cause I don't know if the virus attack the files so I will have to follow the instructions again