Solved "dllhost.exe COM Surrogate" Issue

Lizzy Kim

Thread author
Dec 7, 2014
One dllhost process is ok even if it's consuming that much CPU? It almost reached 90 when I made that capture. I'm asking out of curiosity, tho, because since I uninstalled GOM and deleted those atube catcher videos I had troubles moving from folders, everything seems fine. It gets frizzed for a couple of seconds when I'm trying to open new folders or files, Chrome gets stuck in a white screen for a while too when I try to open it, but I haven't seen the dllhost process anymore.

About GOM Player, I tried to downloaded from the link provided from FileHippo. Given that I got that alert from AVG, I tried to download it directly from GOM Lab, but I had the same result. That's why I started looking and found about the adware/mareware related to it.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Yes, it is bundled with Adware. You can install it from Filehippo, but you need to uncheck all offers.

Is everything okay now, so we can finish?

Lizzy Kim

Thread author
Dec 7, 2014
It doesn't have any offers, that's the trick. It's something in the terms and within the program itself.

And yes, everything is ok besides what I told you before about the pc getting freezed for seconds.

Thank you again for your help and fast response. Also, for dealing with someone as annoying as me lol You truly deserve a donation, even if I can't give you much.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Every donation is the most welcome, that shows that you appreciate someone's else help, amount isn't important.

It doesn't have any offers, that's the trick. It's something in the terms and within the program itself.

This is because you do not see it.

Try to uninstall your Antivirus and tell me do you still have freezings.

Lizzy Kim

Thread author
Dec 7, 2014
Yes, it still does, but not as constantly and not as long as before. Now it's mostly related to chrome.

I had AVG, would you recommend me to change it and use another one instead? (Also, Malwarebytes Anti-malware found Atube Catcher, now that I don't have an antivirus, as a malware too. I unstalled it before, so it was a installer that I forgot to delete).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.