AI Assist Do I need a VPN for security in 2023?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Do I need a VPN for security in 2023? Or is DNS over TLS/HTTPS enough?
While DNS over TLS/HTTPS certainly helps increase user privacy by encrypting DNS queries, a VPN server still plays a crucial role in enhancing online security. A VPN encrypts not only DNS traffic but all traffic between your device and the internet, preventing ISPs or hackers from intercepting sensitive data such as login details, credit card numbers, and other personal information. VPNs also allow users to appear as though they are connecting to the internet from another location, which can help protect against location-based tracking and content censorship. Therefore, although DNS over TLS/HTTPS is a valuable security enhancement, it is not enough to be fully protected online. A VPN is still the most effective and secure way to enhance your online security in 2023.

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I use one that I trust which stops my ISP following me around, I've read the ISP's privacy policy & they are not to be trusted, plus it sorts any DNS issues out - So for me I use a VPN most of the time. However getting a VPN that is trusted is the difficult part, I don't trust most of the recommended ones that bribe pay for reviews, sadly this is most VPM review sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.