Do I need Security Protection for Remix OS (Android)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Is it a custom rom ?
Android needs an AV. So I suppose custom rom too. But it I don't know if AV supports custom rom.

For example time ago I asked norton if I could install it on cyanogenmod (not my phone ) and they said : it could work bad and we do not support those ROMs

A

antreas

Thread author
Is it a custom rom ?
Android needs an AV. So I suppose custom rom too. But it I don't know if AV supports custom rom.

For example time ago I asked norton if I could install it on cyanogenmod (not my phone ) and they said : it could work bad and we do not support those ROMs
GBAbhUT.jpg

Its android os to use on your computer. They anounce for tv too some time ago. :)

Reactions: Dirk41

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Its android os to use on your computer. They anounce for tv too some time ago. :)

Well i asked Norton the same thing about android ( it is called something like project 64 ) for PC and they said the same thing

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You can use Android (Stock / Custom) with or without Antivirus. You may if you regularly:
- Rogue Apps (Unknown/Untrusted)
- Risky Sites (Phishing/Scams)

If available, Bitdefender Free Antivirus is sufficient for any Android user. Not sure if it's compatible with Android 7 / Remix OS

A

antreas

Thread author
You can use Android (Stock / Custom) with or without Antivirus. You may if you regularly:
- Rogue Apps (Unknown/Untrusted)
- Risky Sites (Phishing/Scams)

If available, Bitdefender Free Antivirus is sufficient for any Android user. Not sure if it's compatible with Android 7 / Remix OS

My fault its on android 6 and i use most of the time apps i downloaded and less on the web, i download apps from other source outside of play store i just ask if i have to use it on remix os because its not normal android and i diden't want to do anything that will harm it or bring problems.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
IMHO You need it. But I don't know which AVs support it

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since Remix has the same OS, then threats and vulnerabilities are applied.

So an AV is a must if you are engage as mentioned on the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.