Do I recommend a standalone host intrusion prevention freeware?

Hello.
I would like to be recommended a freeware HIPS for 64-bit based systems.
Thank you very much in advance.
Thanks.

There is no longer any standalone (without firewall & other modules; HIPS-only) freeware HIPS on the market for 64-bit systems.

SpyShelter Premium is the sole option remaining on the market suitable for typical users.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
There is no longer any standalone (without firewall & other modules; HIPS-only) freeware HIPS on the market for 64-bit systems.

SpyShelter Premium is the sole option remaining on the market.
pity that there is some light on hips (64 bit) on the market. By certain users should enough.

Reactions: Parsh and AtlBo

pity that there is some light on hips (64 bit) on the market. By certain users should enough.

HIPS is still a part of the protection landscape, just not as standalone.

I didn't mention McAfee Enterprise standalone HIPS because most typical users have real trouble installing and initially configuring it.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
for most users and in most cases, default/deny is preferable to HIPS.
Why? Because if you don't block malware at the first HIPS prompt, you are taking a risk.
Default/deny= the first HIPS prompt

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.