Poll Do you have a use case for Co-pilot in windows 11 taskbar?

Do you have a use case for Copilot in windows 11 taskbar?

• Total voters

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I have completely removed the Co-pilot app from my windows 11 system as I don't need AI in an app on my system. If I need the service of Ai I prefer to use the browser rather than a System wide app.
This is how I remove the Co-pilot app from my PC.

Run PowerShell as Administrator

Code:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Ai.Copilot.Provider -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | where-object {$_.PackageName –like "*Copilot*"} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
I have completely removed the Co-pilot app from my windows 11 system as I don't need AI in an app on my system. If I need the service of Ai I prefer to use the browser rather than a System wide app.
This is how I remove the Co-pilot app from my PC.

Run PowerShell as Administrator

Code:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Ai.Copilot.Provider -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | where-object {$_.PackageName –like "*Copilot*"} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online
I have disabled all AI on my Windows com. I will also try to avoid the new 24h2 update. I think Windows are way too intrusive with the newest stuff they try to implement. If they continue this way, I probably change to Linux.

rashmi

Level 6
Jan 15, 2024
In the settings panel, I turned off Copilot and uninstalled the associated universal apps. On my Windows 11 device, Copilot did not show up in the taskbar. To use the Copilot free plan, you need to sign in, and there are usage limits. There's another AI subscription I have that proves useful occasionally.

CyberDevil

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Honestly, it's crazy. Now I have Copilot in my phone keyboard, in the phone launcher (both from Microsoft), in the mobile and desktop browser, in the tray, and they also seem to promise it in notepad and in paint, but I use it only in the browser on the corresponding web page. Please, I don't need Copilot EVERYWHERE!😂😂😂

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Uninstalled, disabled via policies and blocked via NextDNS, just to be sure.
Code:
rem Copilot / 0 - Off / 1 - On
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "ShowCopilotButton" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

rem 1 - Disable Copilot
reg add "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot" /v "TurnOffWindowsCopilot" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Copilot" /v "CopilotDisabledReason" /t REG_SZ /d "FeatureIsDisabled" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Copilot" /v "IsCopilotAvailable" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Copilot\BingChat" /v "IsUserEligible" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsAI" /v "DisableAIDataAnalysis" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot" /v "TurnOffWindowsCopilot" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f
I like my taskbar to be simple and clean.

capture_06082024_160735.jpg

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I disabled Copilot in the taskbar. But when I have to write a sum up or minutes of a meeting, I find it useful to correct myself and enhance my text.
Last week, I had to make a search for enterprises in my region that could repair pools. I could have used Google, but instead chose Gemini: I got everything I wanted in a clean interface in a few seconds.
A month ago, I also had to make two PowerPoint presentations for friends. What would have taken a few hours a year ago took me thirty minutes.
I use AI a lot and save a lot of time, and I'm way much more productive.

lokamoka820

Level 3
Mar 1, 2024
I don't use it and don't like to use AI at all as an integrated service in my machine, already disabled by using O&O ShutUp10++ recommended settings.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.