Question Do you know a tool/site to scan for suspicious and malicious URLs?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Sure, you can use tools like VirusTotal, URLVoid, or Sucuri SiteCheck. These scan URLs for potential security risks. Always remember to double-check any suspicious URLs before clicking.

Wrecker4923

Apr 11, 2024
I don't know if you are looking for sites to do analysis, or just to prevent yourself for falling into downloading malware / scam. I want to post about prevention here.

For the initial look if a link could link to a scam site, I like https://www.scamadviser.com/ . I like it because I can assign a FF keyword and paste the site URL I want it to look at. It checks the domain age, gives you a computed score, and links to other reviewer's websites.

I never finds a hit with URL scan for VirusTotal. While maybe that is a good thing, it makes me wonder about the utility of using it for everyday URLs I run into. For this, AdBlock DNS (which would also block long-standing malicious IP addresses), uBlock Origin, Malwarebyte browser guard, and Bitdefender trafficlight seem to work better.

VirusTotal is an indispensable tool for downloading files, though.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.