Advice Request Do you need an Anti-Exploit with Bitdefender Total Security 2016?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WikiLeaks

Thread author
Jun 23, 2016
Hi,
I have Bitdefender Total Security 2016 but I wounder if I need "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit"?

And also I would like to know what is best second defense software free or paid?

Thank you

Reactions: AlphaBeta

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@WikiLeaks Mod Edit Notes: Post moved to new thread.

There are already similar questions with differing Poll results, but the comment I agree with was written by @hjlbx

If you keep your software and OS updated - and aren't a high-risk user, then the probability of an exploit is low - something like less than 2 % according to industry data. Therefore, anti-exploit protection isn't needed - statistically - for the vast majority of users.

If you want layered protection, then anti-exploit is one of the basic layers.

My attitude towards exploits that they are very unlikely - yet still possible (true 0-Day). Therefore, I run all commonly exploited programs - browsers, Adobe products, office suites, archivers, etc - with limited file system and registry access rights using AppGuard. AppGuard will not prevent an exploit, but it will block the post-exploit actions. I have seen it stop a nasty exploit payload from altering the system.

Read: Question - Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit- Should I use it?
upload_2016-6-23_21-27-45.png

Read: Question - Should I use a Exploit Protection Software?
upload_2016-6-23_21-27-29.png

I highly recommend creating your own thread at, Security Configuration Wizard so we can get a better assessment about your system, software used and settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The overall point here is that, any internet security suite should already incorporate anti-exploit capabilities since it is already part of their analysis detection.

WikiLeaks

Thread author
Jun 23, 2016
The overall point here is that, any internet security suite should already incorporate anti-exploit capabilities since it is already part of their analysis detection.

Totally agree, Maybe its good if we have test BTS vs MBAE to see if we need second defense level.

Reactions: AlphaBeta

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
I think bitdefender being top on the charts can handle things really well on its own. MBAE doesn't hurt your system performance so go ahead and try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.