Do you think sandboxed browser and password manager are necesary

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I am start to minimize my security config and not use bloatware i see emsisoft guys are eliminated firewall and i think i have to use the minimal software only my security config are Emsisoft AM and Adguard and Shadow Defender. I want to know is necesary a password manager? is necesary a sandboxed browser? I am thinking to use "Kaspersky Password manager who integrates both features but i am indecisous ¿Is that need it? i know i never are infercted, i know my personal data not are runing in internet, i know my files are ok, i am litle paranoid but i know my bank card not are hacked ? did i really need that things?

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am start to minimize my security config and not use bloatware i see emsisoft guys are eliminated firewall and i think i have to use the minimal software only my security config are Emsisoft AM and Adguard and Shadow Defender. I want to know is necesary a password manager? is necesary a sandboxed browser? I am thinking to use "Kaspersky Password manager who integrates both features but i am indecisous ¿Is that need it? i know i never are infercted, i know my personal data not are runing in internet, i know my files are ok, i am litle paranoid but i know my bank card not are hacked ? did i really need that things?
It is very helpful to use a password manager. That way, you can have unique and complex passwords for each important site, and not worry about forgetting them, even when you change them. Hard to live without it.

As for sandboxing your browser: if you use a secure and updated browser on a modern and updated OS, sandboxing is a luxury and not a necessity.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi bro i think same, i am using lastpass but i thinking to use another, and about sandbox i have 17 years using intenrnet and never see my data in another site, or have problems whith my bank i think is really luxury, include when i use avast premium i think sandbox are a luxury include i read that "sandboxed browsers" sometimes are unsecure like avast safe zone or kaspersky safe pay or anothers

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi bro i think same, i am using lastpass but i thinking to use another, and about sandbox i have 17 years using intenrnet and never see my data in another site, or have problems whith my bank i think is really luxury, include when i use avast premium i think sandbox are a luxury include i read that "sandboxed browsers" sometimes are unsecure like avast safe zone or kaspersky safe pay or anothers
Right. It's not needed. But if you want to go paranoid, or just like playing around with it, use a good sandbox for your browser: Sandboxie, Comodo, ReHIPS, Shade sandbox are all good.
Regarding Comodo, I do not mean their custom browser, which I would not trust, and same goes for Avast custom browser. I mean to sandbox your regular browser using the appropriate function in Comodo Firewall.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.