Do you think this is a good PC for home use?

Brie

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
Reactions: Weebarra and AtlBo

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
what do you think of this 1?

i want to get away from windows 10. it keeps breaking.

That should work well for you.

But I caution you.... study up on Linux a little bit before you buy.

While it is safer than Windows... a lot of software does not run on Lunux.

There are reasons that the majority of users and participants here do not use Linux.

Just use caution before jumping into Linux.

uduoix

Level 5
Verified
Oct 14, 2015
B450 motherboard in case you want to upgrade in future.
16 gb 3000 ram because AMD like faster ram
500GB SSD because it is 2019

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Linux is great and probably ok for the uses you plan. Keep in mind, though, that you have slightly more limited software options up front. If you ever want to run Windows software, that may be many years down the road. It doesn't run well in wine right now for the most part. Some are ok. Ubuntu is the one to go for for solid reliability from what I am seeing on Youtube. The Newegg PC has that,and could be this is why. As Ubuntu is explained. on Youtube.."everything just...works". This can be a different story with some of the distros. Anyway, you can always change later. Linux is no charge to you and $170 savings...

Hardware looks great if you like the overall. 2 drives with the large backup drive. Looks like a very nice system.

If you go with Ubuntu, this Youtube series might help you. It's 10 parts but don't get frustrated while watching the earlier episodes. Series has an ending you will like and lots of good information along the way:

• Applause
  • Thanks
Reactions: Weebarra and Brie

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.