Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
tapoo said:
stop fighting , stop stop..... PLEASE :(
We are just having a lively discussion about an until-now obscure AV.
Now if this discussion were about UT vs OU football, well that might be another story.

ryan said:
With the Evidence shown i would not trust them. L0L....
What evidence???

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Come's down to what the user likes. If they like the company then let them be. Some I've noticed don't like Trend, because of how slow it is, and I don't go around saying it's so called a "sin" not to use Trend Micro. Just comes down to what the user want's.

Plus, DrBeenGolfing, posting that of MalwareTips it's different, it's a website that doesn't sell anything. You can have discussions about what you like. If I was a site owner and had nothing to sell on the site I would YES hide my personal details.

When it comes to companies doing that, I think it's different. If you have a company, you shouldn't really hide the details, as most company even here in Australia don't hide their WHOIS information as, they have a HQ and that is what the information is MalwareTips is different.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
If I were a little company and had to register in a country 8,000 miles away, I'd use a proxy service, too. I know you can't do business in Cyprus without being registered with the government - they are a member of the EU. I don't speak Greek or Turkish, so I can't do a proper search there, but someone here that has the time could find out all about UnThreat.
The guy that runs their Facebook page is Douglas Chin.
And their IP address registers to Amazon.
Unthreat.com Details

Unthreat.com is shown with a location in Ashburn, Virginia, United States.

When pulling the information for Unthreat.com, we found that the organization tied to this IP is Amazon.com. More details for Unthreat.com are displayed if available at the date of your request, which is June 21, 2013.

A more detailed IP address report for Unthreat.com is below. At the time you pulled this report, the IP of Unthreat.com is 174.129.247.151 and is located in the time zone of America/New_York.

More IP details of Unthreat.com are shown below along with a map location.
Unthreat.com | Unthreat IP Lookup (IP: 174.129.247.151)
Hostname: unthreat.com
IP Address: 174.129.247.151
Host of this IP: ec2-174-129-247-151.compute-1.amazonaws.com
Organization: Amazon.com
ISP: Amazon.com

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
nastavnikhe said:
Vauuu, stronger than Emsisoft and ESET!!?? It's unbelievable

Really? it only uses one AV engine from VIPRE whereas with Emsisoft it uses their own engine and BitDefender. I seriously doubt it is better than ESET or Emsisoft.

Even with Ad-Aware Free Antivirus you get VIPRE and their own Lavasoft AV engine.

Could you provide any details why you believe it is stronger than other comparable AV's?

Thanks. :D

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
I am surprised with the result of vb100. I think it's still better Emsisoft (two engines and best firewall).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.