Advice Request Do you trust your VPN/Do you believe they keep logs & why?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do I trust VPNs?

• Trust my VPN

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Don't Trust my VPN

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Don't care if they log me

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • I'm paranoid

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I don't care that much if they log me, my main concern with my VPN is will ...tfix find a way to stop me watching TV from elsewhere, esp. now I'm halfway through several series of progs. Eeeek! I get the arguments for not using one at all while surfing but I still think there are advantages with one than without. I have high security locks fitted on my home, if someone wants to get in they will find a way, (but I'm not that important or rich) but decent locks will perhaps make things that little harder, some of the time, esp when I can pick my neighbours lock in minutes (BTW not a thief but done some amateur locksmithing)

My car is thievable but not leaving an empty briefcase on the back seat will decrease the change of if it being broken into a fair bit. We can never remove risk, or data harvesting but sometimes we can lessen it, just a little. I got a free AV by virtually being in another country recently, now on my other half's PC - just about paid for the VPN :) I am wicked sometimes !

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Apr 27, 2018
I don't care that much if they log me, my main concern with my VPN is will ...tfix find a way to stop me watching TV from elsewhere, esp. now I'm halfway through several series of progs. Eeeek! I get the arguments for not using one at all while surfing but I still think there are advantages with one than without. I have high security locks fitted on my home, if someone wants to get in they will find a way, (but I'm not that important or rich) but decent locks will perhaps make things that little harder, some of the time, esp when I can pick my neighbours lock in minutes (BTW not a thief but done some amateur locksmithing)

My car is thievable but not leaving an empty briefcase on the back seat will decrease the change of if it being broken into a fair bit. We can never remove risk, or data harvesting but sometimes we can lessen it, just a little. I got a free AV by virtually being in another country recently, now on my other half's PC - just about paid for the VPN :) I am wicked sometimes !
If all you want is geo-spoofing, you're using the wrong type of product - you should be using a Proxy rather than a VPN.

Cheaper, Faster & serves your needs stated above.

No VPN should be keeping logs.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
If all you want is geo-spoofing, you're using the wrong type of product - you should be using a Proxy rather than a VPN.

Cheaper, Faster & serves your needs stated above.

No VPN should be keeping logs.

I use the VPN on my Android Sony TV in my lounge, it actually works very well & has the advantage of others, who know little about such things being able to switch from UK to over the pond in moments. I also have it on two other TV's via a Firesticks again with ability to go from UK to USA again with no knowledge of these things - AKA wife & children :)

E

Eddie Morra

Damn, the poll doesn't allow you to view who voted what. I am super curious as to who is using a VPN they don't trust... I'm way too nosy. I should mind my own business.

Klettern

Level 1
Verified
Jun 26, 2018
I use VPN because I often use unprotected Wifi network. Also my ISP keep logs for 2 years. I don't want them to do that.

This. I use NordVPN because they have a zero log policy and are based in Panama so out of the fourteen eyes jurisdiction. I trust them more than my ISP, but it isn't saying much, because most ISPs will just sell your data. If you don't believe that your browsing habits are profitable you are wrong. Just look at Google and Facebook for example.

Logical0z

Oct 9, 2018
Well, loggin full info is a really hard task. So much needed info, you need to filter it and have a lot of men power to work with it. You can track the IP addresses that are being visited, but risking your VPN name for a 3rd party source of income - not worth if you call it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
To stay on topic, I don't use a VPN at this moment in time. I terminated my Windscribe account after the amount of trashy newsletter spam that you could not opt-out from. Hopefully, they've resolved fixed it.
Don't even know how you do that tbh xD

~LDogg
It's all self-explanatory. It takes no more than a minute to read and understand the options that are staring at you in the face. It's time to open your eyes.
1539108764522.png

Reactions: In2an3_PpG

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Can't even edit it at all. Has no option after "Unwatch". How bizarre xD

~LDogg

Reactions: Weebarra
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.