Advice Request Do you use Adobe Flash Player?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Do you use Adobe Flash Player?

• Yes

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

I use it.

Keep it updated.

Besides, AppGuard + HitmanPro.Alert + SpyShelter Firewall.

What is the probability of an infection ?

Exploits represent something like less than 2 % in the wild according to Emsisoft's malware removal data.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Will continue to use it until projects like Shumway (Mozilla - which runs on HTML5) can run flash without any problems (and has a standalone like flash player projector).

Am I worried about exploits? No... we have tools to circumvent these threats. Adobe releases patches regularly and are doing their best to provide a good experience. HTML5 will succumb to exploits just like any other software. Coding is not a perfect art.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
It's still present on my pc. I would like that tommorow there is no flash player anymore, but I need it on certain sites, which aren't updated to html5 yet. Also the video player that is used by my university is still in flash player and many educational sites like the one from pearson still require flash, so it will still take lots of time until I can uninstall it. It has his leaks, but it is patched very often by Adobe, so It's not that it is the most dangerous thing to have on your computer. If you watch out a bit and you have the right tools present on your pc to prevent being infected, there is no need to worry imo.

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I have Flash/Java on demand - installed and updated using Qualys browser check once a week, but always set to - ask to activate so that none of them runs without user intervention(only when it is really required),on top of that I am using NoScript which supresses Flash/Java. And an additional layer of MBAE( It does work, it was giving me warnings when I had a buggy add-on installed of ROP attack but problem was gone with the add-on)
If you are wondering how dangerous these plugins can be take a look here : http://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/02/good-riddance-to-oracles-java-plugin/

For youtube I have already saved the HTML5 mode by preserving the cookie, but Flash is required in certain situations( example mass pic uploader in the malware hub/other is single file only)

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
All people on the world, will obviously need Flash Player and because of the exploits turning around and with the help of automatic update mechanism where resulted not to bother on any circumstances.

Facebook manage to kill Flash Player component however not all sites are ready to migrate on HTML5. So its a long time to see the decremental of Flash Player usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.